View Full Version : Need Some Activesync help, Please.

cdtphilpot
01-01-2007, 09:31 PM
My BlackJack was syncing beautifully, until I got a new computer. When I got my new laptop I tried to install the software that came with my BlackJack again I get a runtime error and it shuts down. So I went to the Windows Mobile page and downloaded Activesync 4.2. However I keep getting getting the error code 85010014 when I try to sync. I have been through Microsofts troubleshooting page doing everything they suggested. Norton is configured to allow Activesynce and I have also called Microsoft who refused to troubleshoot it for some reason. Does anyone else have any ideas??

Mike Temporale
01-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Turn off your firewall and try things again. I know you said that Norton is configured to allow traffic, but try turning it off. Firewall is the most common problem with Active Sync.

cdtphilpot
01-03-2007, 06:41 AM
I ended up going out and buying a new copy of Office for Students and Teachers and now it works. I had tried everything else including turning off my firewall and completely uninstalling and reinstalling my regular version of office.

Mike Temporale
01-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Office? Well that's a new one. What version of Outlook did you have installed? That should be the only office component that ActiveSync would be looking at. :?

cdtphilpot
01-03-2007, 04:08 PM
I had Outlook 2003, its the trial version that came with the laptop. It works now, which is all that matters to me.