View Full Version : I got the Blackjack...now I got questions....

sosha
12-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Honestly, I've been searching thru post & archives, without much luck.

1. Battery drain. This is pretty obscene. With the 3G on, I don't even get a full day. Granted, I'm playing with it a LOT, but having to change the battery in the early afternoon is ridiculous. So, I've got it switched to EDGE for now. Lots of post criticizing the battery life, but not many with comments on the extended.

Anyone have the extended battery? Can you comment on how long it lasts in comparison to the standard?

2. According to the website, there's no way to turn off the start up/shut down sounds. Anyone find a hack?

3. Cannot change the options on my email when I set it up thru Xpress Mail. Any suggestions? Other software?

Good stuff: This screen is beautiful. It's great to have a full keyboard (I'm coming from the 2125). I've got tiny hands, so the size is not an issue for me. Feels great in my hand. Fantastic reception. No more problems with running out of memory. I'm still looking for the perfect homescreen for Facade.

All in all, I'm still happy. Bought the phone off eBay, went into a Cingular store, and asked for a 3G SIM card. They swapped it out, no questions. So, it works great at 19.99/mo unlimited.

:lol:

Mike Temporale
01-03-2007, 03:51 AM
1. Battery drain. This is pretty obscene. With the 3G on, I don't even get a full day. Granted, I'm playing with it a LOT, but having to change the battery in the early afternoon is ridiculous. So, I've got it switched to EDGE for now. Lots of post criticizing the battery life, but not many with comments on the extended.

I don't have the extended, but if you're running out 3/4 of the way through the day, I think it's safe to say it would ensure a full day's use. I would expect it's close to double. But that's only a guess.

2. According to the website, there's no way to turn off the start up/shut down sounds. Anyone find a hack?

If the phone is in silent profile then the sounds are not played. Also, you can try to rename the files or search the registry and modify the key. I don't know what it is, but it would be in there for sure. However, it might be easier to locate the file on the phone and change the name or replace it with a different file.