View Full Version : Need Help Once More

TheFenceChild
12-28-2006, 06:05 AM
First off I'd like to thank anyone who has helped me here in the past. Most everyone here is smart and willing to help. I work at T-Mobile and I can't imagine how many receipts I have wrote this website down on for people who first buy smartphones. I've been thinking about switching back to a Windows-based smartphone from my Blackberry Pearl. I was thinking of something of a flip-phone because I like how the Pearl is more phone looking than PDA looking. Besides the HTC StarTrek, what other flip windows phone would anyone recommend?

Mike Temporale
12-28-2006, 08:12 PM
I work at T-Mobile and I can't imagine how many receipts I have wrote this website down on for people who first buy smartphones.

Well, that's awesome! Thanks. :D

I've been thinking about switching back to a Windows-based smartphone from my Blackberry Pearl. I was thinking of something of a flip-phone because I like how the Pearl is more phone looking than PDA looking. Besides the HTC StarTrek, what other flip windows phone would anyone recommend?

Besides the StarTrek, the only other flip-phone is the Moto MPx220 and MPx200. Both of which are pretty old and out-dated. :(

TheFenceChild
12-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanx yea I was hoping to spend less than $300 on one but ya get what ya pay for. Which would be better out of the SMT5600 or the Cingular 2125? I don't want one with too small of buttons

Mike Temporale
12-28-2006, 09:52 PM
tough call. The 5600 is a good phone, but it's WinMo 2003 SE, where as teh 2125 is WinMo5. I like the size and layout of the 5600. The 2125 line of phones has been known to have more problems with the joystick. It's not a given that your phone will have a problem, just saying that a large number of people comment about it.

I always liked the 5600. But it's a hard choice when you're comparing it against newer models.

Mark Kenepp
12-28-2006, 11:04 PM
You work at T-Mobile, can I assume that you have service through T-Mobile?

If so, why not get the SDA or Dash?

TheFenceChild
12-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Standing at over 6'3" let's just say I'm a big guy and the buttons on the SDA are way too small for me. The Dash's are a little better but still smaller then I prefer. The Dash would also cost me over $300, which isn't bad but not the money I'm looking to spend. I do prefer the more phone looking smartphones compared to the pocket PC looking ones.

Jerry Raia
12-29-2006, 06:10 AM
Even with the problems the 2125 has, joystick wise, having owned both I would still pick the 2125 over the 5600. The display being the main reason.

TheFenceChild
12-29-2006, 07:32 PM
As of now I'm either gonna go with the 2125 or wait for the star trek to go down