View Full Version : Tmobile Dash Homepage question

Superflyjsc
12-27-2006, 05:59 AM
Hi guys, Awesome site. This is my first post and I am actually new to the world of smartphones. I just recently purchased the Tmobile Dash and I love it. However I have 2 questions.
1. When I try to change the homepage wallpaper with a picture I take with my phone it cuts off a piece of the picture on the display. Does anyone know why that happens and how I can make the wallpaper fill up the whole screen? I know the screen is 320x240 so even if i snap a picture using those dimensions, it still leaves off like 1/5 of the bottom of the dispay blank. How can I fill up the whole screen?
2. How do i import .CAB files onto my phone?

Thanks alot for the help.

Mike Temporale
12-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the site!

1) - the picture size is much larger than the screen resolution. You can either turn down the image size when you take a picture - that will help but not fix the problem 100%, or you can copy the image to your desktop and resize/crop the image accordingly. The Dash screen is 320 x 240.

2) Just copy the CAB. From the phone, browse to the CAB and run it. You can also download a CAB directly to the phone over the internet.

Superflyjsc
12-27-2006, 03:45 PM
thanks for the reply

1. Even when I snap a picture with 320x240 resolution with my dash and try to set that as the homepage it still leaves a white bar across my screen at the bottom. Im not sure if it really has anything to do with the resolution of my pictures.

Mike Temporale
12-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Really? how big of a white bar? It works perfectly on my BlackJack.

Superflyjsc
12-28-2006, 04:27 AM
The white bar at the bottom of the screen prolly covers like 1/5 of the screen. Im using 320x240 pictures from my camera too on my DASH. Its wierd. People posted about this on other forumns as well and no one seems to know what the problem is.

Jerry Raia
12-28-2006, 05:09 AM
I have seen something similar to this a while back. I ended up tweaking the XML code fot the home screen to move the image down. It wasn't on the Dash of course. I think it was on my 3125.

Mike Temporale
12-28-2006, 08:07 PM
I have seen something similar to this a while back. I ended up tweaking the XML code fot the home screen to move the image down. It wasn't on the Dash of course. I think it was on my 3125.

Interesting. So, Superflyjsc, what homescreen are you using? Can you try some of the other ones on the phone - like Windows Basic? and see if the image is any better on those?

Superflyjsc
12-29-2006, 11:16 PM
It seems to only have this problem when i select one of my camera pictures from background images under homescreen settings. Im trying out facade right now though so I havent really needed to come across this problem lately.