View Full Version : Please help, is there any way to disable T9 feature? or at least clean up the dictionary?

Z_log
12-14-2006, 08:59 AM
I have an O2 Smartphone questions that are very bugging me:

1. When in text edit mode is there a way to disable suggestion dictionary?

2. Or at least, is there any way to clean/reser the ?

okay,one more question. Thank you very much.

Mike Temporale
12-14-2006, 04:27 PM
If you want to disable T9, just toggle into ABC mode. You can do that by pressing the * key.

ditch_azeroth
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
yep, that you can do. also, if you want quick access to the symbols and special characters, just hold down "#" symbol ^_^

encece
01-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Just as an FYI...on many HTC phones, if you look in the Windows directory, there is a program named T9Settings.exe or something like that that will open an app to edit your T9 dictionary. I believe it only lets you edit words that you added or were automatically added.

SCPH
03-09-2007, 07:35 PM
There should be a way to work the T9 dictionary from the PC, right? Aren't the words a text file somewhere? It would be really handy to pre-load the T9 data on a real keyboard without having to try to setup the T9 text on the phone itself (my Cingular 2125 has no keyboard for example).

modgnik
06-15-2007, 12:37 AM
I have an O2 Smartphone questions that are very bugging me:

1. When in text edit mode is there a way to disable suggestion dictionary?

2. Or at least, is there any way to clean/reser the ?

okay,one more question. Thank you very much.

An easy way to edit the T9 dictionary is: From within text message mode press and hold the *T9 key>T9 Settings>My Words>Menu.
It works on my imate SP5, MTeoR and Asus Jupiter. So I guess it could work on most WM5 Smartphones with T9 and keypads.
I find the feature very useful.