View Full Version : Sling Releases Dash/Excalibur Beta Client

Mike Temporale
12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.slingcommunity.com/blog/137/16874/?src=103' target='_blank'>http://www.slingcommunity.com/blog/137/16874/?src=103</a><br /><br /></div><i>"In her SlingCommunity Blog early this morning, Sharon Rylander, Beta Program Manager at Sling Media, announced that the beta software update for Dash/Excaliber Smartphones running SlingPlayer Mobile is now available to all users. The update improves compatibility with these particular phones, including optimizations for the screen's resolution. The update is available through open enrollment in the private beta program. Instructions to apply for the beta are located here. The Samsung Blackjack is also an oddball in the Smartphone area, and according to Sharon, an update will be going into private beta soon."</i><br /><br />Sling seems to be moving a little slower on these updates than they did in the past. :? It's nice to see that they supporting the new nad different devices. Sadly, I missed doing a Sling Mobile demo at a party on the weekend because I didn't have a compatible version on my new BlackJack. I hope they can tweak the process a little and get these out the door quicker in the future. Anyway, I look forward to having a working client before the holiday parties hit full swing. :D

encece
12-13-2006, 02:02 AM
SlingMobile works on the Blackjack if you lower the resolution? Weren't you the one who told me that? And you missed a chance to recruit new Smartphone users!!??? :)

Mike Temporale
12-13-2006, 05:24 AM
I know it worked on the i320 like that. I didn't realize it worked on the BlackJack too and I didn't try either. D'oh! :?

saru7755
12-13-2006, 07:02 AM
dude, thats great, i installed it on my i320 &amp; it works PERFECT, i had the previous version since i got my i320 but was soo pissed off due to the awkward display as it always displayed part of the screen horizontally, but this Beta update works perfect FULL SCREEN ;) Love it