View Full Version : Dash - Storage Card2 Problem - Overclocking

bshpmark
12-12-2006, 06:28 AM
I have a 1G card in my Dash and made the changes to store email and internet temp files on the storage card. I noticed that I kept getting the Storage Card2 issue. No matter what I did, every time the phone booted I got a Storage Card2 created. So I reverted to the default settings to store email and internet files on the Dash and of course no more problem. Now I am wondering if the fact that I keep the Dash overclocked to 224Mhz is the cause of the continual problem. Could it be that the faster processor speed ismaking the Dash boot so quickly that it can never find the card fast enough? I know that once or twice I had the Storage Card2 issue on my SDA after making the registry changes but not on every boot up like on the Dash.

Yes, I know, the easy thing to do would be to reset the clock speed and try it and I will do that when I have time to play. I was just wondering what folks thoughts were?

I use Tornado Power Control to keep the processor overclocked all the time.

Mike Temporale
12-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Not sure, but it sounds like it might be related to the overclocking. However, the Dash has a fair amount of internal memory, do you really see the need to store things on the storage card? I used to do that on my SP5m, but I haven't seen the need since I moved to a phone with bigger memory footprints.

jeffreybluml
12-19-2006, 06:40 PM
The storage card problem only shows up if you have a messaging plugin loaded on your homescreen (windows sometimes tries to "ready" the homescreen before it has mounted the storage card, which calls up the messaging plugin which then can't find the storage card so it makes a folder for it).

This means if your homescreen shows you any info for voicemails, SMS, MMS, or email you will see this occur from time to time. The only way to make certain it never happens is to remove the messaging plugin from the homescreen, or don't save mail on the SD card.

Pretty silly aint it?

good luck,

ditch_azeroth
01-08-2007, 08:19 PM
i love my sp5m... but web browsing on it is more of a novelty. i usually use IE (or opera for that matter) to download stuff when i'm in a wifi hotspot, and do everthing else on my desktop. to avoid complications like these, i save cache, pim, messages on the phone memory and apps and stuff in my storage card. as always, i leave at least 5mb free on my phone memory. this has worked for me so far...

jeffreybluml
01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Another possible fix...

I've noticed, since I moved my messaging plugin to the very bottom of my homescreen, after EVERYTHING else, I've not had the storage card2 problem show up yet. It's as though the phone has just long enough to mount the card before the screen finishes getting painted. So far so good, and it's been at least a few weeks since I saw the prob occur.

Just an FYI,