View Full Version : issue with listening to internet radio

Ram68
12-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I'm missing something here. I had a Audiovox 5600 that had windows 3.0. With it I could go to the web pages for radio stations and "live stream" the music. This is what I like about windows phones, things that they can do.

This enabled me to not have to subscribe to a music service.

I bought a 3125 to upgrade and now when I go to a stations site it doesn't play the stream. It seems to load but never starts.

Is there a setting in the phones browser that I should look for?

Thanks for any info!

Tom

Ram68
12-13-2006, 08:04 AM
No one has this issue?

Mike Temporale
12-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I don't listen to Internet Radio on my device. Sorry. :( I know that it's been talked about from time to time, but I don't think a lot of people are doing it. Or if they are, they aren't talking about it here. :?

jeffreybluml
12-19-2006, 06:42 PM
works on the T-mobile SDA, using both media player and TCPMP. TCPMP is my preferred player, and it will use whatever settings PIE uses to access the net (except the proxy settings). So, if your PIE can browse the net, but you can't get the stream to play, it may be that your service provider is blocking the port needed to connect (80).

Note that when TCPMP starts the stream, it often takes anywhere from 10-30 seconds on my device until you actually hear anything...

Good luck,