View Full Version : HELP, lost my startmenu!

Mirage
12-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi all,
i am a real newbie to all this, and smartphones.
I have a HTC S620, with Windows Mobile version 5 for two days now.
I connected the smartphone succesfully to my pc with activesync.
First when set my phone on and when i pusth on start, normally all the icons appear like settings, java, sounds, calendar etc.
Now when i push start, nothing happens, when i push start again it says " more" where the word start was..
Problem is now that i cannot reach my settings or all the other icons...
Maybe i removed by accident a crucial file...
Can someone please help me???

scottb
12-11-2006, 03:24 AM
Did you install any applications? This is common on WM5 smartphones--losing the Start Menu. It will still work, you just can't see it. Shut the phone off and turn it back on--that should restore the Start Menu.

Mirage
12-11-2006, 06:42 PM
I did not install any new applications. I did copy some tones and pics from my PC to my Smartphone. I did switch off and turned on my phone, but the problem is still the same. Also a reboot, back to the original factory settings does not work. This is because i cannot enter the Start>Expert>Clear Storage menu items..

Mike Temporale
12-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Maybe i removed by accident a crucial file...

If it was a crucial file, then WinMo would replace it on boot. So that's not the case.

Usually there's a hardware way to reset the device. I don't know what that is for the Dash, but I'm sure it would turn up with a little help from Google. Since you haven't installed anything a hard reset would be the best solution.