View Full Version : Kevin Rose Shares iPhone Details

Mike Temporale
12-05-2006, 02:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.mobilitysite.com/2006/12/iphone_leak_by_kevin_rose.php' target='_blank'>http://www.mobilitysite.com/2006/12/iphone_leak_by_kevin_rose.php</a><br /><br /></div>Kevin Rose has let some details slip about the upcoming iPhone from Apple. We've heard about this phone for the last year and change, but it finally sounds like they might be making progress. However, the specs don't sound like anything special to me. From what Kevin said, it will be available on all 3 of the major networks, it's really small, slideout keyboard, touch screen, flash memory, and 2 batteries - one for music and the other for the phone. There will be a 4 and 8 GB version of the phone and it will sell for $249 and $449 respectively. <br /><br />I don't know about you, but this doesn't really excite me. Aside from 2 batteries, which would add some serious bulk, I don't see anything that's ground breaking. MobilitySite has the YouTube video linked up. Give it a watch and let us know your thoughts.

Pete Paxton
12-05-2006, 03:49 PM
i'm glad for some info but the video is about worthless and somewhat offensive. Just my opinion. I wonder if it's a qwerty keyboard and wonder if the iphone will have high speed like wifi or 3g?

dcharti
12-05-2006, 04:54 PM
$10 says ixnay on hi-brow features like wifi and 3G. Remember, this is going to be an iTunes music-centric phone for the masses, not a hot shot model for the tech aficionados. The most 'ground breaking' feature about it will probably be the fact that it *won't* be crippled with a 100 song cap like the last two Motorola iTunes phones.

Course, I might be biased as I write Apple news for a living (don't kill me).

Stinger
12-05-2006, 05:34 PM
That price, if accruate, is certainly exciting.

Judging by the 30GB iPod, $249 will translate into £179. Even with such a poor $:£ exchange rate, it looks like a bargain next to its main rivals - the 3GB HDD Samsung i300 (£380), 4GB HDD Nokia N91 (£330) and 4GB flash Sony Ericsson W950i (£395).

ifonline
12-05-2006, 06:29 PM
i'm glad for some info but the video is about worthless and somewhat offensive. Just my opinion. I wonder if it's a qwerty keyboard and wonder if the iphone will have high speed like wifi or 3g?

Agreed. That video was worthless.

Mike Temporale
12-06-2006, 03:16 AM
The most 'ground breaking' feature about it will probably be the fact that it *won't* be crippled with a 100 song cap like the last two Motorola iTunes phones.

I agree. It doesn't sound like anything special. I'm also not sure that they could co-ordinate a release across all the major networks at the same time. That's a pretty complicated tasks, especially since that means competing technologies.

Kris Kumar
12-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Touch screen? Doesn't sound durable to me, not to mention it sounds like it will be expensive.

But one thing we can be sure of - lot's of style. If RAZR can make tons of money for Moto purely on style, then so can this iPhone can do the same for Apple. Do not under-estimate the power of style (and yes colors :roll: ).