View Full Version : Voice Command 1.6 installation problem

soda501
12-05-2006, 04:51 AM
i bought microsoft voice command 1.6 for smartphone -us version- to install it on my new i-mate smartflip, and i can't seem to be able to install it.

i keep getting an error message saying "not enough memory (3.5mb available instead of the 4mb required)", but it is the only software i'm trying to install (bought the smartflip last thursday 11/30) so i don't quite understand (i thought there were 64mb!?).

any idea how i can clear memory space to get the install work?

any help will be appreciated.

version info:
voice command us 1.6
mwm 5.1.195

ebadger
12-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Soda,

You need to have about 8MB of main memory available to install Voice Command on the smartflip. This is because the PC installer will copy the CAB file over to your main memory (uses ~4MB) and then will extract the files and execute (another ~4MB). AFter the installation, the CAB file is deleted and you get the 4MB back, but you do need the ~8MB to install.
If you can't do this, what you can do is manually copy the CAB file from your PC program files->microsoft voice command->.... to your memory card, and then using the file explorer on your phone, you can navigate to the CAB file and run it. Make sure that you install to main memory! This will cause the CAB to extract on the storage card and install to main memory. This should work with only about 4MB free in main storage.

Also, be sure to power down and start back up after you have installed. This is required before the bluetooth activation works.

bshpmark
12-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Let us know your thoughts once you get this working on the Smartphone. Was it worth the money?

soda501
12-12-2006, 12:38 PM
thx ebadger for the reply. I'll try tonight and see if it works. I'm overall quite disappointed with the software that does not seem to be finished (alarm @ 7AM rings @ 7:38PM for example, or need to reboot every other day because emails are not coming in anymore!).

On the PRO side, the sound is great, the screen is beautiful, the keyboard works well for me, and the phone is quite slim.

But for me, the best phone I've ever used is the Motorola Ming/A1200, and I can't find replacement that compares, so far!

Terry Pickett
04-24-2007, 10:04 PM
I can't get Voice Command 1.6 to install on my Cingualar 2125.
I am running Windows Mobile 5.0 and I read in one of the forums that this installs on the Smart Phone. I just get the error message that the software will not install on my device.

Any thoughts. I used Voice Command on a Pocket PC and I was quite impressed with it.

Thanks,

Terry Pickett

Mike Temporale
04-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Did you get the Smartphone version? I know that there is a different version for POcket PC vs Smartphone. Also, you might have to app unlock your device. I'm not sure about that, but I think that was the case.

Terry Pickett
04-25-2007, 04:42 AM
I suppose it is the Pocket PC version. I upgraded to version 1.6, supposed to be for Windows Mobile 5.0. Do you know for sure there is a version for the smartphone and where it is available?

Thanks,

Terry

Terry Pickett
04-25-2007, 04:43 AM
I am unaware how to app unlock the device.

Mike Temporale
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
There is a Smartphone version, but I don't know where you can get it from. My guess is Handango. As for app unlocking, wait and see if you can install the correct version first. If not, then we can help with that. ;)

Terry Pickett
06-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Let us know your thoughts once you get this working on the Smartphone. Was it worth the money?

This is really a great program! It installed smoothly on the Cingular 2125. I didn't have do anything except start using it. It rarely misses the commands, except in a noisy environment, which you would expect. I use it daily for dialing numbers, looking up my schedule and watching my battery usage. I couldn't be more pleased!