View Full Version : Another Dash question - Email and SMS notifications

bshpmark
12-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Something is happening with Email on my Dash that did not happen on my SDA. I set up my same email accounts on the Dash that I had on my SDA. I did not use the T-Mobile "Set up My Emial" feature just as I did not use it on the SDA.

Well, everytime I send an email (through Comcast) or receive an email, a few seconds later I get an SMS text message telling me that I have sent or have received an email. DUH! I know that. I called T-Mobile and told them I did not want to be billed for those messages and they assured me that I was not getting billed for them.

Any way to turn these notifications off? I know that if you use the "Set up My Email" of T-Mobile there is a place to enable or disable the feature.

Mike Temporale
12-05-2006, 02:14 AM
I've never heard of that on regular email accounts. There is an option to turn this on or off for your SMS/MMS account. But I don't know where it would be set for regular email or how to turn it off. :?

bshpmark
12-06-2006, 04:55 AM
Found the answer to the problem. When I originally set up the email accounts I set them up using the T-Mobile "Set up My Email" process. Well, when you do that, T-Mobile sets up alerts for when you send and receive email. So, even though after I did a hard reset and set up the accounts manually, on T-Mobile the same accounts were set up and still had the alerts. Even though I was no longer sending and receiving through T-Mobile's servers, the T-Mobile servers were still checking for mail and when there was mail I was getting the alerts. So I went to the T-Mobile site and turned off alerts and that took care of the problem.