View Full Version : ahhh Blackjack I love you

JohnJohn
12-03-2006, 03:03 AM
I completed my nightly ritual last night...

1) plug in Blackjack
2) place Blackjack nicely on night stand
3) slip off bunny rabbit slippers
4) crawl into bed
5) turn off 1978 Dallas Cowboys football helmet nightlight

Then it hit me. My Blackjack doesn't have any annoying LEDs blinking or flashing all night. I love you Blackjack.

Mike Temporale
12-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Then it hit me. My Blackjack doesn't have any annoying LEDs blinking or flashing all night. I love you Blackjack.

YES! I noticed this on my i320 too. I remember the day I realized that too. I was confused and had thought that the phone was accidently turned off or something.

It's pretty refreshing, eh? Makes you wonder why others seem to think that the flashing LEDs are such a requirement. :?

ifonline
12-03-2006, 04:35 AM
It's funny... I have to carry two phones with me because of my job, and one is a Nextel with an external display. I have a drop-in charger for that phone that sits on my bedside table because I have to keep that phone on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The point of all that is this: the external display on the Nextel has a blue backlight that comes on when plugged in and the charging base has a blue Motorola logo that lights up when a phone is docked. I would give anything to have a dang blinking light. As it is, I have two very powerful blue lights right next to my head each and every night. I feel like I'm trying to sleep outside of a lighthouse. Unbelievable...

On a different note, I don't mind that the BlackJack doesn't have a blinking light. I do mind, however, that it shows a graphical display of a charging battery (even when the phone is off) when it is plugged in, and the backlight is on, although faintly. That bothers me because if I charge the phone overnight, the display will always be on, and I am afraid that the display will be ruined. Should I worry?

JohnJohn
12-03-2006, 04:52 AM
Just leave the Blackjack on and turn on the Silent Profile. I adjusted my Silent profile to do nothing, no vibe, no sound...except alarms.

I have the screen set to turn off after 30 seconds on wall power. It stays quiet and dark all night.

...i luv you blackjack

stevew
12-03-2006, 05:00 AM
Wonder why there is nothing to tell you when the battery is fully charged?

JohnJohn
12-03-2006, 05:13 AM
Wonder why there is nothing to tell you when the battery is fully charged?

Nope :wink:

ifonline
12-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Just leave the Blackjack on and turn on the Silent Profile. I adjusted my Silent profile to do nothing, no vibe, no sound...except alarms.

I have the screen set to turn off after 30 seconds on wall power. It stays quiet and dark all night.

...i luv you blackjack

I can't leave it on as the cellular chatter really screws with the speakers on my night stand. Even in a different room, I'd have to listen to that bzzzz bz bz bz bz bz bzzzz... all night long. Things like this (the screen staying on when the device is off but charging) really makes me believe that the designers don't actually use the stuff they create. If they did, you'd think they would have caught something as obvious as this...

antvega
12-03-2006, 07:10 AM
I found it annoying as well when I charged it while off and the screen was on... I just put it face down. I have a screen protector for it so it doesn't really bother me...

stevew
12-03-2006, 01:23 PM
On a different note, I don't mind that the BlackJack doesn't have a blinking light. I do mind, however, that it shows a graphical display of a charging battery (even when the phone is off) when it is plugged in, and the backlight is on, although faintly. That bothers me because if I charge the phone overnight, the display will always be on, and I am afraid that the display will be ruined. Should I worry?

Mine doesn't do this. I don't get any graphical display while charging and the backlight stays off. I'm on the default normal profile with the phone on while charging.

ifonline
12-03-2006, 04:47 PM
That's really odd. Mine does. I get a graphic of a battery that takes up the entire screen top to bottom (but not left to right) that is animated to show it is charging. Hm...