View Full Version : Curious

subguy812
12-02-2006, 05:37 PM
I have a dash and my friend has a dash. I purchased mine first. We noticed the box is the same, the accessories are the same but the labels were different. Mine says HTC KIT T-Mobile Dash VSW (IMEI,S/N,P/N, Sim S/N,and 2 kit SKU's) and his label says HTC PHO T-Mobile Dash BULK and it has a physical date 11/06/2006 (IMEI,S/N,P/N, only 1 kit SKU, and no Sim S/N). Any ideas?

Jerry Raia
12-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Are you talking about the labels on the phone or the box?

WyattEarp
12-03-2006, 03:16 AM
I believe he is talking about the label on the box. The box my Dash came in also says HTC KIT T-MOBILE VSW. There might be a slight difference with the phones or accessories but compare yours with your friends and let us know. If there is no SIM S/N on the label then it means there is no pre-packaged SIM card with the device.

Jerry Raia
12-03-2006, 03:21 AM
OK that makes sense. The stickers on the phones would be the same I would think at this point in time, just being released.

WyattEarp
12-03-2006, 05:36 AM
I use to think the same until I worked for the WIZ (many moons ago) doing stock. Labels have a tendency to change overnight at times either on purpose or by accident. Those with the HTC KIT T-Mobile Dash VSW may be getting the first revision or batch of the Dash. Also resellers don't look at the labels and say "we need to sell the first batch before we start on the next". Whatever box is grabbed first is what you get unlike groceries were the supermarket needs to get rid of all the old merchandise first.

subguy812
12-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, odd thing is my friend without the sim s/n on the box actually had one included. I was surprised his had a bold date on it 11/06 which I assumed meant manufacture date. But I had this thought, maybe mine with the VSW on it came from company store and his may have come from a store that is non-company, and that could be why it is a bulk ship. He gave me his sim....i noticed the sim had a new revision number so I called and replaced it with the newer sim. Any more thoughts?

Jerry Raia
12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Curiouser and curiouser 8)

WyattEarp
12-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Could be. HP does a similar thing. If you purchase and iPAQ from say Best Buy it will come in a consumer style box like the DASH but if you buy it say online from buy.com it will come in a plain brown box which is from HP's business section. So it could also be how TMO separates their consumer and business orders like how HP does. As for eliminating the SIM S/N on the box could just be for security reasons or just plain old unecessary to print on the label. This is rather interesting I need to do some digging.

Gavino1212
12-04-2006, 06:12 AM
I have a dash and my friend has a dash. I purchased mine first. We noticed the box is the same, the accessories are the same but the labels were different. Mine says HTC KIT T-Mobile Dash VSW (IMEI,S/N,P/N, Sim S/N,and 2 kit SKU's) and his label says HTC PHO T-Mobile Dash BULK and it has a physical date 11/06/2006 (IMEI,S/N,P/N, only 1 kit SKU, and no Sim S/N). Any ideas?

I believe Mr. Earp is correct. Were you a pre-existing customer of T-Mobile? Was He? I upgraded my SDA to a Dash, and my box also says:HTC PHO T-Mobile Dash BULK and it has a physical date 11/06/2006 (IMEI,S/N,P/N, only 1 kit SKU, and no Sim S/N).

As a pre-existing customer I did not recieve a new sim card with my phone, nor did I with my SDA. Oddly enough, I did with my Sidekick 2 though I was already with Tmo at the time. It may have to do with the manufacterer, if you examine his box, you should see the disclaimer stating that no sim will be included as you should already have one. :)
Hmm, I posted this without first reading all the posts.....lol. It seemed logical at the time. Now I don't know. Just my experience. May be Vendor, may be manufacturer. Got me. :|