View Full Version : Dash streaming video

jayjay811
12-02-2006, 03:55 PM
I was wondering about a couple of things...

1. how do i make the java feature on the dash work?... Im unsure of what to do with it or what its used for.

2. I have read that you could stream video and podcasts through the dash. Can anyone answer these questions?

thanks
ps. the dash is awsome

Mike Temporale
12-03-2006, 01:59 AM
1. how do i make the java feature on the dash work?... Im unsure of what to do with it or what its used for.

You'll need to download Java apps or midlets and load them into it first. How it's works is kind of weird and silly. I don't bother with it.

2. I have read that you could stream video and podcasts through the dash. Can anyone answer these questions?

Using Java, or just in general? And stream it to what?

jayjay811
12-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Well i wanted to watch cnn podcasts and other video from other websites on my phone... i was just wondering if there was any way to do that?

Mike Temporale
12-05-2006, 02:22 AM
ah, you want to stream them to your dash, not through your dash. I couldn't understand why you would want to stream content from your mobiledevice to something else.

I'm havent' watched or streamed any content to my device. I know lots of people here listen to the radio by streaming it over the net to their phone. If you know the exact URL for the stream, try entering it into WMP and see if it works.

bshpmark
12-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Google Maps and the Gmail email program are just two of the Java midlets that will run on your Dash. When you download them they wioll install under START --> APPLICATIONS --> JAVA Then you can select the application to run. Google Maps is a great app.

I don't get podcasts through the Dash but I do listen to the radio and watch some TV at times using Pocket Streamer Deluxe.