View Full Version : Can't play Vonage Voice Mail Messages on my Dash

barmach
11-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Hello-
For some reason I can not play my vonage VM messages when they are emailed to my Dash. The messages are .wav files, but for some reason they will not play. I get an error messages saying that file format is not supported. However, I am able to play other .wav files.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GSmith
11-29-2006, 03:37 PM
You may want to try TCPMP or CorePlayer.

According to the Pocket PC Media Chart at www.feederreader.com/mediachart.html , TCPMP on the Pocket PC is able to play Vonage voice mail files, which are in CCITT-u-Law (Vonage) format.

I would hope that because TCPMP on the Pocket PC is able to play them, then TCPMP on the Smartphone is able as well.

I'd love to update the chart indicating Smartphone versions of players, but there's very little discussion here of media players specifically for Smartphone. Plus I'm afraid that Smartphone versions might be cut down from their Pocket PC versions and the chart would therefore be less useful. Thoughts?

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Windows Mobile news, blogs, audio, video, podcasts downloaded direct to your Smartphone or Pocket PC
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

JohnJohn
11-29-2006, 03:39 PM
I play mine with Betaplayer. You can default .wav files to play on it, then just clicking on them starts Betaplayer and plays them.

I know Betaplayer is now called Core Player, sorry I don't have a link to the old, free, Smartphone addition.

GSmith
11-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Actually, TCPMP which I think stands for "The Core Portable Media Player," is being migrated to a pay version--called CorePlayer--and a free fully-GPL version--called BetaPlayer. The pay version "CorePlayer" is available now. The free GPL version of the program "BetaPlayer" is not yet available and is currently expected in the December time frame. But they have been extremely poor at meeting their own stated deadlines ("two more weeks" and "almost ready" and "just a few more tweaks" and "we're just adding one more thing" for literally 6-12 months) so take the December time frame with a large grain of salt (though I'd love to be wrong on that!).

Prior to the name "TCPMP," the program was called, confusingly, BetaPlayer.

TCPMP V0.72RC1 for the smartphone is available here: http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Windows Mobile news, blogs, audio, video, podcasts downloaded direct to your Smartphone or Pocket PC
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

barmach
12-03-2006, 02:22 PM
I got TCPMP installed and it works like a charm.

Thanks a bunch!