View Full Version : My Blackjack ate my memory card...

Rocco Augusto
11-28-2006, 09:36 PM
seriously, no matter what i do i can not get my microsd card out. i think my Blackjack REALLY likes it :( :lol:

stevew
11-29-2006, 12:14 AM
I had a hard time getting it to click in. I haven't tried to take it out yet. Maybe tweezers?

ifonline
11-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Same thing here, but I found that an x-acto knife (used very carefully, mind you) can be used to push and lift at the same time on the edge of the card to pop it out. However, I had the 1GB card and didn't have this problem. Only have the problem with the 2GB card. Furthermore, I plan to leave it in permanently (may not have a choice anyway) as I don't have a need to remove it.

Mike Temporale
11-29-2006, 02:53 AM
It should be a "push in" "push out" system. IS that not working?

billcalle
11-29-2006, 02:57 AM
I have a 2GB card and it is working fine with the push in push out mechanism. The complexity is that the push (either in or out) has to be a lot deeper than seems obvious. You have to push it about 1/16" beyond the edge of the housing for the eject mechanism to work. I use my fingernail to do the trick.

antvega
11-29-2006, 03:41 AM
I used a paper clip, an xacto seems a little bit extreme, but if it works...

ifonline
11-29-2006, 03:57 AM
I used a paper clip, an xacto seems a little bit extreme, but if it works...

Heh... very true! I just didn't have a paper clip at the time.

Rocco Augusto
11-29-2006, 05:58 AM
if tried everything, it isnt coming out. the good news is, i didnt really need to change it, i just wanted to play with it :)

Jerry Raia
12-02-2006, 06:43 AM
i just wanted to play with it :)

and how does one exactly do that? 8O

Rocco Augusto
12-04-2006, 02:57 AM
and how does one exactly do that? 8O

well its simple, you take it out and grab another microSD card and make them pretend they're having a tea party and when you get bored with that you take a white napkin and tear it up in a way to make a very tiny wedding veil and flower bouquet and then gather all of your memory cards up and put on a splendid wedding... or i could just be making all of that up :lol:

i really wanted to take it out so i can put it in its SD counterpart and stick it in my Nintendo Wii. the good news is i got it out today, i figured out why it was stuck too. turns out it was getting stuck on the little black cover thing that hides the memory card slot hole. :(

Jerry Raia
12-04-2006, 04:10 AM
well its simple, you take it out and grab another microSD card and make them pretend they're having a tea party and

we need to talk.

Rocco Augusto
12-04-2006, 06:23 AM
we need to talk.

:lol:

Jerry Raia
12-06-2006, 02:39 AM
I finally did try to take out my card and yes it was trapped! I used a small jeweler screwdriver to coax it out. That could have been made a bit better. :lol: