View Full Version : Blackjack Bluetooth Question...help

rkdiddy
11-28-2006, 07:20 PM
I just purchased a '07 A4 and I was using my Cingular 2125 (with iMate ROM) and noticed that the cars bluetooth hands free would pull my phonebook over to the car's nav screen. I could then dial numbers directly from the screen...my phone could be in my pocket.

Well, I finally got my Blackjack unlocked and I discovered when paired my phonebook isn't displayed on the screen. The only way to dial out is to pull my phone out scroll down and dial the number from my phone. This has rendered my expensive bluetooth car option to a glorified speakerphone.

Is this a bluetooth stack issues...are there any work arounds/hacks???

Help please!

Mike Temporale
11-29-2006, 02:41 AM
It's a poor implmentation on the Samsung. There might be a way to hack it and add the required bluetooth profile, but I wouldn't know where to start. Basically, this is the same type thing that Verizon has done with their phones by removing Bluetooth file transfer so you have to use their paid service. :?

firewired
01-29-2007, 06:50 AM
I am sure the phone option in the A4 works like my car's does (RS4). I don't get the nice contact list by the speedometer either, but you can save names to the voice dial feature, and dial out by voice command, using "dial name," or "dial number."