View Full Version : Blackjack: auto change profile

JohnJohn
11-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Am I smoking crack? I think my Blackjack use to auto switch profiles when I would turn my BT headset on, and now it doesn't.

I loaded a piece of software that was funky to the smartphone so I hard reset it. I then reloaded everything again, now the auto profile switching is not working. Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Also would it have anything to do with the Home screen .cab I might have loaded?

Thanks

Jerry Raia
11-28-2006, 02:37 PM
I have the same issue. I use 2 different headsets though so I just attributed it to device confusion.

JohnJohn
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
It's really crazy, the headset icon appears in the icon bar, the headset seems to work normally, but my profile remains in the "Normal" position.

Mike Temporale
11-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Weird. All my phones seem to do that without any problems. Hardreset or not. I haven't hard reset the i320 yet so I can't say for sure on this one.

I have noticed that it seems to forget that my headset should be set for wireless stereo too. I have to toggle this on every time I connect my headset for using music. :(

JohnJohn
11-29-2006, 03:52 AM
I have the same issue. I use 2 different headsets though so I just attributed it to device confusion.

I'm thinking...be careful.

I wonder if the software based reset feature doesn't clear EVERYTHING out. Maybe after a software initiated reset the device still sees the old BT link and that's why since my reset it has does not auto changed the profile. Anyone know if the BJ has a "hard reset" feature, and what the button configuration is for that reset?

Jerry Raia
11-29-2006, 04:30 AM
I haven't tried it but according to the manual it is:

"To perform a manual Hard Reset, press the Up
Navigation key and the power key."

If you try it let me know if that worked.

JohnJohn
11-29-2006, 04:38 AM
doing it right now...here goes 30 minutes I never get back...

JohnJohn
11-29-2006, 04:48 AM
arrrg

performed hard reset, first thing linked BT headset, flipped it open, got headset icon but...NO PROFILE CHANGE! This sucks.

...29 more minutes I will never get back. I won't be doing anymore thinking anytime soon

Jerry Raia
11-29-2006, 04:50 AM
That's unfortunate, well at least we know the hard reset works. :mrgreen:

JohnJohn
11-29-2006, 05:06 AM
Ok I got it to change, but only for a second.

I am using a Motorola H700 BT headset. After pairing and with the headset "on/open" I held down the button on the headset, the profile changed to "Headset" until I let go of the button...

Jerry Raia
11-29-2006, 05:32 AM
Problem solved! All you have to do is hold down the button the whole time! :rotfl:

JohnJohn
11-29-2006, 05:42 AM
<knucklesandwich>

only 14 more minutes I will never get back...

Jerry Raia
11-29-2006, 05:45 AM
:lol: