View Full Version : T-Mo Dash questions

dashnoob
11-28-2006, 01:05 AM
I have recently purchased the T-Mo Dash, and I have a few questions/concerns (moved away from Sidekick).

1. I can't seem to be able to stay online, whether its MSN IM or the built in instant messenger. It disconnects. It's very irritating because what's the point of having those if people can't get a hold of you? :( Is there something that can be done to keep you online? I never had this problem with Sidekick.. stayed signed in for weeks.

2. No visual notifications on incoming IMs? On Sidekick, it displays on top a flashy little animation to tell you you have a new IM message, and from which service. I've looked through several apps and it seems none of them have visual notification, just sound (which is useless to me, I have my phone mostly silenced). MSN IM has a little person displaying, but it doesn't stay signed in...

3. I installed the 1-Home Edit, full version (tried trial too). It installs, says its looking for plugins, and thats it. When I try to start it up again, it just spins the wait cursor, and does absolutely nothing. It says it works with Dash; their customer service wasn't helpful either. Any thoughts? Anybody know a different home screen editor that actually works with Dash?

4. Does email (like gmail for example) auto-send and auto-receive? Because I found I have to go to my email and push send-receive in order to send a picture out for example.

Thanks guys...

- K.

jayjay811
12-02-2006, 04:00 PM
dont take my word on this... its just a suggestion.

1. about the instant messenger. from what i understand the dash has a built in power saving feature that turns the wifi and other connections off if they arent used for a certain amount of time... you should be able to edit these in the comm manager

2. There should be an icon that appears on the top of the screen. i use yahoo and i havent had a problem.. of course you could always set the alerts on incoming messages to vibrate which would save you the hassle of even having to look at the screen.

3. I have no idea man.. your guess is as good as mine

hoped i could help
jayay