View Full Version : Buzzing on initial call on 3G --- BJ

stumpy
11-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I keep getting a buzzing right before the call connects on the 3G network once I changed to GSM the buzzing stoped. Has anyone noticed that or maybe its just me? :?

Jerry Raia
11-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Where are you hearing the buzzing? Are you talking about noise coming from speakers that happen to be near by your phone?

stumpy
11-26-2006, 09:42 PM
The buzzing is from the phone. I dial the call after I press send I hear a buzzing then the phone connects to the number then it's all clear and hear ringing and voice quality is excellent. This is only in 3G mode not GSM. It's that 2 seconds that it takes the phone to connect to the number dialed. It does it everytime I change between to 3G and the noise is there then after I go back GSM there is no noithen it's gone. The reception is strong in both 3G and GSM. I have tried different towers and the same. You may not have heard it if you dont put your phone to your ear fast enough. Maybe it's just my 3G location here in Portland, OR but there is a noise there and pretty loud.

Jerry Raia
11-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Thats interesting. I don't have 3G coverage here in Los Angeles (a small town, I know) so I can't see if mine does it. :(

Mike Temporale
11-27-2006, 02:58 AM
Is your phone in silent mode when you're dialing? On the i320, it plays a small sound clip when the connection is established and the call starts ringing. Perhaps, in silent mode on the i607 ti emits a buzzz?

stumpy
11-27-2006, 03:42 AM
Is your phone in silent mode when you're dialing? On the i320, it plays a small sound clip when the connection is established and the call starts ringing. Perhaps, in silent mode on the i607 ti emits a buzzz?

Well that would be true if I could repeat the sound in GSM mode too. But I have been reproducing the sound with loud ringer also. This is more of static sound like when the old analog phone would get in a bad coverage area. Not sure if its the 3G here or the whole country. I had an LG CU500 for about 2 weeks another 3G phone and I think that had the same buzzing sound also. Would be nice if some other folks in 3G areas would have some input. It's pretty loud sound and you will notice it before you hear the phone dialing I think its a switching sound.

Update-- Today I talked to a store rep and she notice her phone is doing that including some other 3G phones.