View Full Version : How do you copy "everything" from one smartphone to another (different models)?

eliteramen
11-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Hi all. I recently upgraded from the T-Mobile SDA to the T-Mobile Dash. I am having a hard time figuring out how to migrate "everything" over to the Dash. Everything meaning things like text messages, call history, saved AIM conversations, etc. Stuff that isn't transferred over ActiveSync.

Trying to do a direct copy from the device using Windows Explorer in Windows XP gives me errors. Plus I don't know where some of this data is stored, so I wouldn't know what to overwrite/merge on the Dash.

Would something like Sprite Backup do what I want? Keep in mind these are two different types of smartphones I'm talking about here.

[eR]

Mike Temporale
11-15-2006, 04:11 AM
You could try using Sprite, but I wouldn't risk the chance of instability by coping older files onto a newer version of the OS. If it was me, I would start fresh and leave all the dead weight behind.

anonymous99
11-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Sprite Backup does not recommend user to migrant to different device, the unique ROM upgrade mode is designed for to restore after ROM change. A hard ware change will affect your restore seriously.

But if your two devices are quite similar, it will be worth to have a try using the Sprite unility and upgrade tools.

Be aware that WM2003 and WM5 will not be compatible to restore to each other at all. 8)