View Full Version : Future Features for Exchange and Direct Push

Mike Temporale
11-14-2006, 06:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.techatplay.com/2006/11/13/examining-exchange-2007-the-future-of-direct-push/' target='_blank'>http://www.techatplay.com/2006/11/13/examining-exchange-2007-the-future-of-direct-push/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Thinking ahead, it becomes clear that we can extrapolate and work out most, if not all of the what Direct Push will evolve into or incorporate simply by taking a closer look into the features that can be found in upcoming or future versions of Microsoft Exchange. Now that Microsoft have finally announced that Exchange 2007 is being slated for release at the end of November 2006, it is a good time as any for us to perform a detailed appraisal of the Direct Push-related components in this new version of Microsoft Exchange."</i><br /><br />There's nothing earth-shattering here in this article. It's all stuff that most people would expect to see as Exchange moves forward. Stuff like HTML support, Over The Air search, and Improved security features. I would love to see something different and new coming to my inbox. What about you - thinking outside of the box, what features would you like to see in future versions of Exchange &amp; Outlook Mobile?

Jerry Raia
11-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Well how about something simple? The ability to select multiple emails to delete etc. I know Poutlook has only been around a few years. It might be unreasonable to expect such a complex and esoteric function at this stage. :roll:

Tim Williamson
11-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Well how about something simple? The ability to select multiple emails to delete etc. I know Poutlook has only been around a few years. It might be unreasonable to expect such a complex and esoteric function at this stage. :roll:

Or even the ability to press a single key such as del or 1 to delete mail. I guess a feature like this is too logical.

Janak Parekh
11-15-2006, 05:43 AM
You guys are talking about client-side issues. This article focuses on the server-side, and I have to say, I can't disagree more with Mike. The idea of server-side searching could revolutionize mobile email access. Could you imagine having instantaneous access to gigabytes of email sitting on the server? That would be HUGE, and would really make a massive distinction between Microsoft and RIM.

--janak

Jerry Raia
11-15-2006, 06:13 AM
what features would you like to see in future versions of Exchange &amp; Outlook Mobile?

Isn't Outlook Mobile Client-Side? :?

Janak Parekh
11-15-2006, 06:00 PM
what features would you like to see in future versions of Exchange &amp; Outlook Mobile?
Isn't Outlook Mobile Client-Side? :?
Yes, of course. However, I was primarily replying to Mike's comments about the article, which itself is focusing on server-side issues. From that perspective, I'm really excited about what may hit the pipeline, both from an Exchange Server and a Pocket PC standpoint.

--janak