View Full Version : Voice Command 1.6 for Windows Mobile 5.0 with Support for Smartphones

Jerry Raia
11-13-2006, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://thinkabdul.com/2006/11/09/voice-command-16-for-windows-mobile-50-support-for-smartphones-bluetooth-a2dphfp-headsets/' target='_blank'>http://thinkabdul.com/2006/11/09/voice-command-16-for-windows-mobile-50-support-for-smartphones-bluetooth-a2dphfp-headsets/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"According to informed sources, Voice Command 1.6 for Windows Mobile 5.0 would soon be available for download. And what’s more, this version would be compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphones."</i><br /><br />Many of you have asked about this. It looks like it is arriving for download in just a few days. It will include native BT headset support and even A2DP. The few times I used it on my Pocket PC's I was impressed that it actually worked! I am looking forward to its arrival.

ctmagnus
11-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Ooh, I hope it likes being installed on storage cards! That's what has kept me from buying it so far.

Jerry Raia
11-14-2006, 02:00 AM
We can only hope. I would suspect not though. :(

Mike Temporale
11-14-2006, 03:33 AM
Ha! It seems like years ago that the Smartphone community started asking for a version that we can use. Oh, wait... That's because it was years ago! :roll:

orgwizard
11-14-2006, 03:41 AM
If you go to microsoft's site and search for voice command 1.6, one of the results is the life cycle for 1.6, and it shows it being released on 12/15.

But I'm pretty excited about this!!! Hopefully it will work well cause it will fill in that last little thing I've been wanting out of my SDA.

Jerry Raia
11-14-2006, 03:44 AM
I bet it will work great. 8)

raaden
11-16-2006, 03:30 PM
It seems to be up and available on Handango if you look under the Motorola Q

http://www.handango.com/affiliate/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?affiliateId=228&amp;programId=41&amp;siteId=1&amp;hz1=1&amp;hz2=PPC&amp;jid=CDA4CDF2DC5A86B3B1D7E19DC31FB4DB&amp;language=english&amp;platformId=2&amp;N=96806&amp;productId=90635&amp;R=90635

searcher
11-18-2006, 06:16 PM
From what Handango Customer Service Assistant said, there are now 2 versions of Voice Command which are not mutually compatible.

If you want to use the product on a PPC or PocketPhone then the upgrade version 1.6 is available.

If you want to use the product on a Smartphone then there is a separate version for that after you log on and select a Smartphone device on Handango.

Handango is the only on line distributor of the Smartphone version??? The Amazon version is 1.5 for PPC.

Has anyone obtained an upgrade from the version 1.5 at discount price (9.95) and gotten it to run on the Smartphnone?

I had hoped that the software was compatible on both platforms in the same download so that one would not have to pay $39.95 all over again but apparently not so.

:cry:

Jerry Raia
11-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Well so far I am not impressed. It does not work at all on the BlackJack.

chsong
11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
I purchased my copy a few days ago from Handango for the Samsung i320 Smartphone.

Problems Include:

1.) Native Bluetooth Support is NOT working properly. I get the prompt to record but somehow my voice is not being picked up by the BT headset's mic.

2.) Announcement of names on incoming calls and messages. Worked only once and not any more.

3.) Announcement of Reminders on Calendar. Not working

Problem is that being a Microsoft product, it is not even searchable on Microsoft's website!!

Save your $40 bucks and wait for a month or two longer.

Jerry Raia
11-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I'd have to say this has been a big disappointment for most. An expensive one. :x

amyangel
11-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Internet Call Waiting, Online Caller ID (http://www.filesforfree.com/phonetray_dialup.htm)

ebadger
11-22-2006, 05:11 AM
I purchased my copy a few days ago from Handango for the Samsung i320 Smartphone.

Problems Include:

1.) Native Bluetooth Support is NOT working properly. I get the prompt to record but somehow my voice is not being picked up by the BT headset's mic.

2.) Announcement of names on incoming calls and messages. Worked only once and not any more.

Problem is that being a Microsoft product, it is not even searchable on Microsoft's website!!

Chsong,

I installed on a Samsung i320 and was able to make it work with the BT headset. I did however have to turn the volume down significantly on my BT headset in order for this to work. When I pressed the voice dial button on the BT headset, I could hear feedback in the ear piece and recognition was absolutely terrible. After turning down the headset volume I was able to get recognition. Could you try this and see if it makes a difference for you?

Also, Voice Command 1.6 website is up now: http://www.microsoft.com/voicecommand

E

chsong
11-22-2006, 03:47 PM

Problems Include:

Chsong,

I installed on a Samsung i320 and was able to make it work with the BT headset. I did however have to turn the volume down significantly on my BT headset in order for this to work. When I pressed the voice dial button on the BT headset, I could hear feedback in the ear piece and recognition was absolutely terrible. After turning down the headset volume I was able to get recognition. Could you try this and see if it makes a difference for you?

Also, Voice Command 1.6 website is up now: http://www.microsoft.com/voicecommand

E

Thanks E. Seems like there are only certain brands of BT headsets that may work.

1.) What kind of BT headset are you using? I have tried a Samsung, a Jabra, Plantronics, Logitech, and have been striking out on each.

2.) Wonder if I get an A2DP BT headset, if this problem would be overcome.

Hmmmm....

ebadger
11-30-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm using a Plantronics Discovery 640 I believe.
Try turning down the volume on your headset to it's lowest audible level and then try.

superfaron
11-30-2006, 10:28 PM
It works great for me. I am using an SDA (with the latest QTEK rom installed) and a Nextlink Bluespoon AX2.