View Full Version : 2?s: dictionary editing and jumping to end of line

Argelius
11-13-2006, 12:09 AM
I have two Smarphone questions that are bugging me:

1. when in text edit mode is there a way to quickly jump to the end of the line?

2. is there any way to edit the word suggestion dictionary?

okay,one more question:

does the word suggestion dictionary automatically fix contractions (ie cant ==> can't)? If it does,it doesn't seem to work..

Kris Kumar
11-13-2006, 12:56 AM
#1: No...I wish there was but these are the small small things that make big difference and annoy the users.

#2: Yes T9 offers way to add words, the T9 menu provides the add word option. Usually holding down the * key brings up the menu. Which phone are you using?

#3: It depends on the phone. I believe I have seen it on some implementations of the T9. I think the Q had it. I know most Smartphones consistently capitalize the Is but can't and don't are bit rare. :-(

Argelius
11-13-2006, 05:55 PM
#2: Yes T9 offers way to add words, the T9 menu provides the add word option. Usually holding down the * key brings up the menu. Which phone are you using? (

I have a TMo Dash. haven't figured out how to bring up the T9 options menu...

Jerry Raia
11-14-2006, 02:06 AM
I don't have a Dash but t9 settings are usually buried where you don't expect them. Check all the phone setting menus.

Kris Kumar
11-14-2006, 03:07 AM
I have a TMo Dash. haven't figured out how to bring up the T9 options menu...

Ouch! A Dash. I have one too and I haven't figured out where to find the add word settings. But one thing is sure it learns every new word I type in. ;-)

Jerry Raia
11-14-2006, 03:39 AM
I knew there was something I didn't like about the Dash! :lol:

Argelius
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Ouch! A Dash. I have one too and I haven't figured out where to find the add word settings. But one thing is sure it learns every new word I type in. ;-)

Unfortunately, it learns all the mis-typed words, too...