View Full Version : So how are you liking the Dash?

Pete Paxton
11-04-2006, 06:26 PM
I just got one this week and so far I am very impressed. Texting is much better and I really like the xt9. Nice looking very sleek rather elegant device if you ask me. And to think I actually thought it was ugly in pics I saw. Now I like it. How about the rest of you?

jfreiman
11-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Well, I'm loving the Dash (even with it's bugs) enough to buy it outright, unlock it and use it on my Cingular account.

Maybe I'm just spoiled, but the T-Mobile service in San Francsico really isn't great.

But back to the phone, I've really gotten used to the form factor, the little keys are getting easier and easier to type on, the screen is fantastic and Orb looks really good. ;-)

There are 'little' bugs which I would like fixed, like the Alarm clock problem, not being able to connect to Negear routers (Netgears problem?), Adding a dialed/received number into your contact list, etc.

Those are the ones which effect me daily -- however they are software related and I'm sure that they will be remedied with the first ROM update.

At the end of the day the phone cost me nearly $480 -- T-Mobile and Unlocking software.

As soon as a S620 ROM comes out I'll use that and erase all the T-Mobile stuff. ;-)

mpebv
11-05-2006, 03:55 AM
This is my first smartphone, so nothing previous to compare to. But, so far I really like it. I bought it for the keyboard and wifi. But I signed up for TMO's unlimited internet, and it is great being logged on permanently to the internet no matter where I go, and I can plug it in to my laptop for a decent internet connection on it wherever I go as well, very cool. I purchased a Sandisk 2gb micro sd chip, $83 on Ebay, and spent an hour or two yesterday syncing hundred of songs on to it to play on the Windows media player. Even the album artwork shows up when the title is being played, very similar to a feature in I-tunes, again a very nice feature. I plan on purchasing a chess game and sudoku game in the near future. And yes it does a good job as a phone - great sound quality and reception. We'll see how things go in the future, but so far very impressed.

Kris Kumar
11-06-2006, 02:56 AM
At the end of the day the phone cost me nearly $480 -- T-Mobile and Unlocking software.

As soon as a S620 ROM comes out I'll use that and erase all the T-Mobile stuff. ;-)

Great minds think alike and spend alike. I went for the same deal. I was on Cingular using the 2125 and wanted to stay with Cingular.

Even at that price I think it was a great deal.

I too am waiting for the S620 ROM or maybe the tweaks (like the ones for the 2125) to remove the T-Mobile branding.

Overall comments:

Cons:
- hate the xT9...slowing me down a lot.
- havent figured out how to use the WiFi at work (using LEAP), have a feeling that it is not really supported.

Pros:
- love the keyboard
- love the screen and the size
- pretty responsive unit
- love the battery (Q is pretty lousy compared to the Dash)

zilla31
11-08-2006, 09:55 PM
another satisfied customer here... i came from the PPC world to an audiovox SMT5600 (which i actually did love) to the Dash... and there's def no looking back. This is one heck of a device IMO. First time i've ever *really* gotten to feeling that i don't need a touch screen (at all).

Kris Kumar
11-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Want to add one more thing to the Cons:
- When the phone is locked and you press any key, the screen lights up but without the full backlight which makes it un-readable in bright light / sun light/ outside. :-(