View Full Version : Dash questions

bennettdesign
11-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Just got a Dash and love it. However, I want to understand some basic questions if someone has time to answer.

1) This has to be easy. I can't find out how to increase the ring volume. I've looked in the manual. When a call comes in I've tried pushing the volume/tap bar and it puts the call on mute or hangs it up.

2) For now it is synced with my work Outlook. I don't have a personal email account I want to add to it. I should be able to send and receive using this, correct? My company is getting an Exchange server in the next month and with this I should be able to change over to push email, correct? I would be using just the "outlook email" on the phone?

Thanks!

Dave Price
[email protected]

Mike Temporale
11-02-2006, 09:03 PM
1) This has to be easy. I can't find out how to increase the ring volume. I've looked in the manual. When a call comes in I've tried pushing the volume/tap bar and it puts the call on mute or hangs it up.

Yup, tapping the volume buttons during an incoming call will mute the ringer. If you want to change the volume of your ringer, you'll want to change/customize your profile. Select the Outdoor profile to make it louder, or the normal profile for a more reasonable volume. If any of the built-in profiles don't do what you want, you can always edit one of them to suit your needs.

2) For now it is synced with my work Outlook. I don't have a personal email account I want to add to it. I should be able to send and receive using this, correct? My company is getting an Exchange server in the next month and with this I should be able to change over to push email, correct? I would be using just the "outlook email" on the phone?

It depends on how you set things up. If you set it up for ActiveSync, then you'll only be able to send/receive while sync'ing. If you create an account on the phone then it will send/receive over the air. Which did you do?

As for Exchange, that's the idea. However, your company needs to enable it and allow the traffic to hit the server.

Kris Kumar
11-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Just to add a bit more info regarding the profiles Mike is talking about.

Start->Settings->Profiles->select Normal, then right soft key for Menu->Edit

You will now be able to increase the ring volume on this screen. ;-)