View Full Version : help w/ space issues?

zilla31
10-26-2006, 06:22 PM
I keep getting a WM5 error message telling me i need to clear some space... when i use resco sys toys mem app to check it out, it appears that i'm only using 77% of "program" space but 97% of "storage"... this makes me thinking uninstalling an app or two and moving it/them to SD card isn't going to get me where i need to be... any clues how i can track down what's causing my problem?

(and what's the different between "program" mem and "storage" mem besides the obvious?)

Mike Temporale
10-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Storage Memory is the space you have available (not counting the storage card) to install applications, files, music, etc..

Program Memory is what the system uses to run applications and do things.

Think of it like a hard disk (storage memory) and RAM (program memory) on your computer. In order for something to run, the system copies it to RAM (program memory) and then executes it.

The typical issue on the Smartphone is the lack of a limit to IE's cache. If you clear out the cache for IE, you should see the storage levels drop. Also, if you uninstall applications and reinstall them to the storage card you should free up some more space.

I'm not sure what phone you have, but if it's an HTC device, you can see these numbers in a much easier way. Find and run the Task Manager (it's in the Start Menu) and then press Menu / System Info. Scroll down and you should see a summary of your systems space.

Jerry Raia
10-28-2006, 01:54 AM
zilla31 what device do you have?