View Full Version : How to Remote Swipe Samsung i320N?

extravagant
10-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey everyone, as far as I know it is possible to remotely swipe the Samsung i320N in case you loose it. Can someone please tell me how to do this? I heard you need to setup an SMS password or something, then if you lose it, send the password in the body of the message to your phone... but if thats the case, what if someone changes the SIM? I also heard that you can pre-program your phone to send you an SMS/E-mail when the SIM is changed? Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

Mike Temporale
10-25-2006, 07:24 PM
In order to remotely wipe your device you need to have it connected to an Exchange server. When you lose the device, you contact your Exchange admin (helpdesk, or hosting partner) and they can issue the command. If the device is not currently connected to the Exchange server, on the next connection, it will wipe the device. For this method, changing SIMs won't matter. As long as the device sees a connection and attempts to establish the connection.

There is a third party tool called "Eye on Theif" or something like that. It will moniter your SIM and if it sees that the SIM has changed it will automatically start sending SMS messages to whoever you configured in the application. This doesn't get your device back. It just tells you who has it and if they've changed the SIM and not reset it then you'll know their phone number too.