View Full Version : Microsoft Looking For Mobile Device Testers In Seattle Area

Rocco Augusto
09-25-2006, 06:57 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://blogs.msdn.com/usability_recruiting/archive/2006/09/20/764001.aspx' target='_blank'>http://blogs.msdn.com/usability_recruiting/archive/2006/09/20/764001.aspx</a><br /><br /></div>"<i>Microsoft regularly conducts research to learn how we can improve our products for end-users. We are currently seeking cell phone and smartphone enthusiasts from the Seattle area to evaluate mobile devices that are still under development. This is an exciting opportunity to see some of our upcoming products, and help determine the direction we take with future mobile devices!</i>"<br /><br />I remember signing up for one of these the last time I saw a news post on it. I didn't get the position then because I live in Portland, OR; A few hundred miles away. If one of our readers does get a spot on testing team, all I ask is that you recommend an option into Windows Mobile that will automatically close an opened program after X amount of time. You guys/gals know what I'm talking about. You open "Program A" and forget about it and a day later look in your Task Manager and see that "Program A" is still chugging away in the background, sucking up battery power. It would just make more sense to make "Program A" close after being idle for 20 minutes. :)

PantherShade
09-26-2006, 03:26 PM
You may want some programs to just keep chugging along past 20 minutes, like your music player. :roll:

I think that we should have the option to close a program when we exit it, instead of just minimizing it. :?

leslietroyer
09-27-2006, 01:42 PM
I just updated my profile -- they had specific questions on Windows Mobile and smartphones.

Les

leslietroyer
09-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Didn't meet the criteria -- I work in the IT field.

Les

Mike Temporale
09-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Didn't meet the criteria -- I work in the IT field.

Les

:( Being a geek has its drawbacks. ;)