View Full Version : Dog Slow Wi-Fi

bshpmark
09-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Anyone have any tips on how to speed up Wi-Fi on my SDA? It is dog slow accessing the Internet. My EDGE connection is actually faster. I have tried several different locations and all except one seem to be slower than EDGE.

The other problem I have is that I can connect to several routers but can't get to the Internet at all. When PIE comes up I select one of my favorites and PIE says it is locating the link but then just sits there. Any hints?

Mike Temporale
09-21-2006, 03:31 AM
The other problem I have is that I can connect to several routers but can't get to the Internet at all. When PIE comes up I select one of my favorites and PIE says it is locating the link but then just sits there. Any hints?

In IE Mobile, select Menu / Options / Connections and make sure "automatically detect settings" is turned on.

As for the speed of WiFi, I don't know of anything you can do. Have you looked at the possibility that the sites you are connecting to are slow?

bshpmark
09-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Yep, the auto detect is turned on. I don't know about the sites themselves being slow or not.