View Full Version : NewsGator Go! - RSS Aggregator for Windows Mobile

Mike Temporale
09-20-2006, 07:15 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://blogs.newsgator.com/daily/2006/09/its_go_time_for.html' target='_blank'>http://blogs.newsgator.com/daily/2006/09/its_go_time_for.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"NewsGator Go! for Windows Mobile allows users to read content and manage subscriptions directly from any device running the Windows Mobile 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0 or later operating systems, including the Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q, Cingular 2125 and HP iPaqs. Content including feeds and links is automatically formatted for the devices and gets cached and stored locally so you can read it when you are not connected to the Internet. As is the case with all of our RSS aggregators, there is full synchronization between NewsGator Go!, NewsGator Online and the client-based products, meaning that users won't see articles reappearing as new every time they switch interfaces."</i><br /><br />The wait is over. I've been asking for a mobile RSS client that would sync my feeds with those of my desktop client for a long time. I'm happy to report that NewsGator has launched Go! which will make this a reality. You can purchase a copy of NewsGator Go! from their website for $29.95. 8)

ctmagnus
09-20-2006, 09:37 PM
This sounds interesting. However, I've always found NewsGator's pricing scheme to be somewhat befuddling. I own FeedDemon which was bought by NewsGator, so does that entitle me to anything else on the desktop end?

Update: Looking at the NewsGator products site, it appears that they've cleared things up - there are NewsGator Go!, NewsGator Inbox, and FeedDemon listed. For a very long time, there was no real clarification between their products (imo) along the lines of which product served what purpose.

Mike Temporale
09-21-2006, 01:43 AM
If you own FD, as I do, there is an offer of a 2 year free subscription. I don't really know how it works or if it's for any FD owner. It might be those purchased in a certian time frame. I really need to look into this and get myself setup. 8)

ctmagnus
09-28-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm having problems getting FeedDemon to sync with my other locations, even though all locations show up in all the apps I have (NewsGator Online, paid FeedDemon, trial NewsGator Mobile and trial NewsGator Outlook). So I'm trialling the Outlook version and all appears to be working nicely now. Plus, I prefer the archival system I set up in Outlook to archive feed items over the methods in the various NewsGator products.

Mike Temporale
09-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm having problems getting FeedDemon to sync with my other locations,

I think it has to be turned on in FD. I'm not 100% on this, but I recall something about having to activate sync in FD because people wanted the standalone app to be the default and sync to be an added feature.