View Full Version : Miami Leads Verizon Wireless Study of Top Wireless Talkers

Jerry Raia
09-20-2006, 02:30 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2006Sep/bpd20060908038483.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2006Sep/bpd20060908038483.htm</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Verizon Wireless wanted to find out which city had the most wireless talkers, so the company launched its first Big City Wireless Use Study, which looked at the top 50 cities by population according to the latest U.S. Census. The big winner of the study was Miami, which made and received more cellular calls than any other. Of course, the survey only concentrated on Verizon Wireless customers."</i><br /><br />Interesting study even though it only included Verizon users. I think still it is probably a good indicator of usage. My city of Los Angeles came in second. What did surprise me was that New York didn't make the top ten.

Janak Parekh
09-20-2006, 04:19 AM
I was wondering the exact same thing. I'm guessing it's all the time we spend in the subway, where there's no reception, unlike your horrendous traffic where you have basically nothing to do but chat on your phone. ;)

--janak

Jerry Raia
09-20-2006, 05:57 AM
That is the truth alright! 8O

AdamaDBrown
09-20-2006, 08:08 AM
I thought it was because New Yorkers prefer to shout and make rude gestures as a means of communication. :twisted:

Jerry Raia
09-20-2006, 02:53 PM
That actually was my first thought. :)

Janak Parekh
09-20-2006, 05:11 PM
I thought it was because New Yorkers prefer to shout and make rude gestures as a means of communication. :twisted:
Oh yeah? F*** you, buster! :lol:

(A '10-second' rule has been hypothesized about NYC: people are brief during casual contact, but if you maintain contact with a NYer for more than 10 seconds, that shell rapidly dissolves and they are just as friendly as anyone else. And, in general, people calling their friends here are just as verbose as anywhere else...)

--janak