View Full Version : Can't connect to Pocket MSN on a T-Mobile SDA

sonicmoon
09-08-2006, 02:52 AM
I used the network settings with a proxy suggested in another post on the site and I can get t-zones as well as unrestricted internet access. However, when trying to use Pocket MSN to log into msn messenger or hotmail it times out. A known issue? Any workaround? Thanks!

annyksa
09-14-2006, 07:06 AM
i'm not able to be of help to u, except to say i own imate kjam and imate sp5m which are windows mobile smartphones and the kjam is a pda, neither can connect to messenger and i live in a different country where things aren;t soo complicated as in the u.s.! it must be aproblem with windows mobile, or the device itself. if u find any information, let us know, u might want to install agile messenger , that works sometimes and u can have messenger and yahoo, icq, aim, etc. all working at once with just a click.

232bird
09-25-2006, 12:59 AM
Don't remember where I learned this, maybe Tmo tech support, but it has something to do with time zone settings. You could check with Tmo tech support, it wasn't a big issue to me so I never pressed the issue. BTW, where did you find those network settings and proxies for T-Mobile? I cancelled my internet by accident and am having trouble getting it restarted.

sonicmoon
09-25-2006, 09:55 AM
BTW, where did you find those network settings and proxies for T-Mobile? I cancelled my internet by accident and am having trouble getting it restarted.

here ya go... the full info on tzones settings -
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=576307

232bird
10-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Cool, it works. Sorry man, I tried three different access points and can't get that Pocket MSN to work for me either.

jeffreybluml
10-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Pocket MSN won't use your GPRS proxy settings. It's stuck on port 80, which is why the standard t-zones plan won't let it connect.

You can get a 3rd party IM app somewhere that *may* use the proxy correctly, I know the OZ messenger in the stock T-mo SDA ROM worked on the WAP connection...try finding that. It has yahoo, AIM, and ICQ bundled into one.

Good luck,

sonicmoon
11-01-2006, 01:09 AM
You can get a 3rd party IM app somewhere that *may* use the proxy correctly, I know the OZ messenger in the stock T-mo SDA ROM worked on the WAP connection...try finding that. It has yahoo, AIM, and ICQ bundled into one.

have a link where i can get OZ messenger?

jeffreybluml
11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Can't seem to find one. Don't know that it's even available for download.

I bet somebody with a t-mobile stock ROM could find the executable (and associated files) and zip them up for you (us). That may well work. I had somebody zip up the comm manager from the t-mobile ROM, so I could put it on my imate ROM, worked like a charm.

Any T-mo ROM users (t-mobile SDA) willing to help?