View Full Version : Cell Phones Spill Secrets

Jerry Raia
09-01-2006, 08:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14588433/' target='_blank'>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14588433/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The married man's girlfriend sent a text message to his cell phone: His wife was getting suspicious. Perhaps they should cool it for a few days. "So," she wrote, "I'll talk to u next week." "You want a break from me? Then fine," he wrote back. Later, the married man bought a new phone. He sold his old one on eBay, at Internet auction, for $290. The guys who bought it now know his secret."</i><br /><br />Interesting article about how data can be recovered from phones that have been reset. Curious is the first example they use. I wonder if it is the most commonly found.

Mike Temporale
09-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Interesting article about how data can be recovered from phones that have been reset. Curious is the first example they use. I wonder if it is the most commonly found.

You're pretty much the king of reselling phones on ebay. Well, you and encece. Does this concern you at all? It doesn't really bother me.

Rocco Augusto
09-02-2006, 02:46 AM
when i was working for cingular we would always have people donating old phones to us. you would be suprised what kind of stuff people would leave on the phones. since we would have to make sure the phones were cleared of all data before they went to the womans shelter we would often stumble across text messages with sensitive information in them or pictures that no one should ever see on a phone. it wasn't a pleasent part of my job :lol:

Jerry Raia
09-02-2006, 03:50 AM
Interesting article about how data can be recovered from phones that have been reset. Curious is the first example they use. I wonder if it is the most commonly found.

You're pretty much the king of reselling phones on ebay. Well, you and encece. Does this concern you at all? It doesn't really bother me.

No I don't think much about it. Most of me is on the Internet already anyway. :lol: