View Full Version : Why isn't 'Automatic' profile Advertised?

anuraagmohan
08-15-2006, 03:53 AM
We all know how handy the Windows 'Automatic' profile feature is. It's one of the smartest features of a Windows Smartphone :) Then why don't companies like HTC, Dopod and others advertise and market this feature? This feature will sit well with all Windows smartphone users and also help convert non-Windows users to Windows platform! Any Marketing Manager for these manufacturers taking note????

scottb
08-15-2006, 11:06 AM
In concept, it's a great idea. In practice, I don't find it all that useful. There are more times that I switch my phone to meeting profile than just what's marked as busy on my calendar. Just about every time I leave my desk, I switch it to vibrate--only in my office do I ever leave the ringer on during he day.

Mike Temporale
08-15-2006, 01:16 PM
In concept, it's a great idea. In practice, I don't find it all that useful.

Exactly. I don't want to put an appointment in my calendar just to have the profile switch. I use Alerts! (http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=2403) to swtich the profile on a schedule. I have it set to silent before I go to bed, and outdoor by the time I leave the house in the morning.

Jerry Raia
08-16-2006, 09:02 AM
I do it the old fashioned way. I change it manually! 8)

encece
08-20-2006, 03:34 AM
me too. :)