View Full Version : Buy now, or have patience?

PantherShade
08-08-2006, 05:11 PM
I've been looking into getting a Windows Mobile phone to replace my old cellphone and PDA for a while now. After hearing about and subsequently researching the Qtek 8500 (HTC STaR TReK), I knew that matched just what I wanted. :D

I had read on Gizmodo.com (where I first heard about the phone) that Cingular is planning on releasing the phone, and had an inaccurate date of today for the release of the Cingular 3125. :(

I had heard about the OS issues some had with buying the unlocked version of this phone, so I decided to wait the extra couple of weeks for one designed to operate in the States. My plan was to get the phone today, get it unlocked, and then get service from T-Mobile. :oops:

I still plan to get the phone and use it with T-Mobile, but I'm not sure if it's worth waiting an extra month for the release of Cingular's phone. :roll:

Any thoughts on whether it's worth waiting for Cingular to release the 3125 or not bother and just get it now? :?

Mike Temporale
08-08-2006, 06:06 PM
I would wait for cingular's version. That's just me. 8)

Rocco Augusto
08-08-2006, 08:26 PM
i say wait for it. at the moment it is still scheduled for a september release. if anything changes though ill be the first to know about it ;)

Kris Kumar
08-09-2006, 04:43 AM
I would wait for Cingular's version. But since you want to use it on T-Mobile's network, not sure if there will be a price advantage.

onlydarksets
08-09-2006, 02:02 PM
No point in waiting if you're going to pay full price to Cingular anyway.

Mike Temporale
08-09-2006, 02:17 PM

True, but you can always pick one up off ebay once they become available. Besides, Qtek doesn't have the best track record when it comes to support.

onlydarksets
08-09-2006, 02:26 PM

True, but you can always pick one up off ebay once they become available. Besides, Qtek doesn't have the best track record when it comes to support.

Stop following me! ;)

That's a good point - one of the reasons I tend not to buy from anyone but Cingular is that their 1-year warranty rocks. I've had so many problems with so many smartphones, it's a must for me.

PantherShade
08-09-2006, 03:24 PM
I also wasn't sure how much the Cingular release might drive down prices. :?

I guess that I'll have to use my old Nokia for another month or so. :(

Mike Temporale
08-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Stop following me! ;)

:mrgreen: