View Full Version : usb1.1 and usb2.0

ombrax33
07-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Hallo guys.My newly bought qtek8310 supports usb1.1 type where as my sony vaio laptop supports 3 usb2.0 type connections is there a problem to communicate the two of them. if yes is there a solution to this?
cheers cchris,cyprus

Mike Temporale
07-27-2006, 03:59 PM
USB 2 will automatically detect if the device connecting is capable of USB 2 or not. If not, it will switch itself down to 1.1. So there's nothing to worry about.

Now, the real question is why are device manufacturers still using USB 1.1 on their devices? I wish I had an answer to that. :(

ombrax33
07-28-2006, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the quick reply mike.Greetings to canada .Got plenty of relatives in toronto. :D
bye

ditch_azeroth
07-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Now, the real question is why are device manufacturers still using USB 1.1 on their devices? I wish I had an answer to that

my sentiments exactly. :roll:

ombrax33
07-28-2006, 01:29 PM
thanks guys i got connected with my lappy which has usb2.0 version.already i moved the desired files from my laptop on my qtek8310.Just one more thing to ask.if its a program how will i know if its ok to move and install it on my smartphone 's sd memory card .is there a list with all the appropriate and suitable programms to pass on a qtek 8310.where can i get this?a simple link to these will do.

Mike Temporale
07-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the quick reply mike.Greetings to canada .Got plenty of relatives in toronto. :D
bye

Cool. So do I. Then again, I've lived here all my life and my family has been in the area for 4 or 5 generations now. ;)

Mike Temporale
07-28-2006, 01:53 PM
if its a program how will i know if its ok to move and install it on my smartphone 's sd memory card.

There's no good way to know. During the install you have the chance to pick main memory or storage card. I almost always go with the storage card. If the program starts to act funny, then I uninstall and try again with main memory. Most programs shouldn't have a problem and usually the developer will mention something about it if there is an issue.