View Full Version : Supportcode: 85002003

gopher_49
07-20-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm receiving a SupportCode: 85002003 with Sync'ing with ActiveSync 4.1. I can delete the partnership and server source and try using a different username and everything works perfectly. I only have this problem with this one user. Now, this users' inbox is over 3gb due to them getting a copy of all company emails. It seems that size is the issue.

any suggestions?

Mike Temporale
07-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Try setting Active Sync to only sync emails from the last 3 days. Surely they can live without all 3GB of their mailbox when their mobile. ;)

gopher_49
07-20-2006, 10:51 PM
I have it set to download only 1 day of emails, no attachments, and headers only. What's weird is that it all the sudden started to sync over the air. It's currently not plugged into my computer and sycn'ing via the celluar network. It finished with over 1,000 emails synced. I then sent it to sync back to a month. It's now downloaded over 10,000 emails. I'm waiting for it to finish before plugging into the desktop. The mailbox size is approx 8.9 gigs! I have about 5 months worth of emails I can delete. The ActiveSync client on the desktop seems to timeout when scanning the inbox regardless of the amount of days set to download. I even unchecked the email section and told it to only download contacts, it still received the error posted above... Once the wireless sync gets done I'll try again after reducing the size of the mailbox.

Kris Kumar
07-20-2006, 11:12 PM
According to the error code it is a timeout issue.

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/exchange_errors.php

It is common for the timeout to occur because the Exchange server is taking a long time to process the Inbox and return results back to the waiting mobile device.

Not sure if there is a setting on the mobile device to tweak the timeout threshold. I am not to familiar with Exchange based sync. Maybe Mike knows about a setting. :-)

I would guess that your best bet is to reduce the amount of mails in the Inbox.

Kris Kumar
07-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Sorry didn't see your response that it was working.

So the timeout issue is because the Smartphone could not contact the Exchange server using the pass thru connection on your PC. And when you tried it via the cell network it was able to get a response.

This is a much simpler answer than what I wrote above. :oops:

Kris Kumar
07-20-2006, 11:16 PM
I have it set to download only 1 day of emails, ... It's now downloaded over 10,000 emails. ... The mailbox size is approx 8.9 gigs!

8O

gopher_49
07-27-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm now getting the error '80072eff'. I get this error on all 3 x 8125's when sync'ing via the USB cable. They working perfectly via the internet, however, I get the above error about 4 out of 5 times tying to sync. Sometimes it works, but usually not.

What should I try?

Jerry Raia
07-27-2006, 04:55 PM
You might want to try upgrading to AS 4.2.

gopher_49
07-27-2006, 10:09 PM
I upgrded to 4.2, however, I was told to only sync the emails, calendar, tasks, and contact via OTA Active Sync. The other items I simply sync to my pc and the errors are gone.

thanks.

Kris Kumar
07-28-2006, 04:12 AM
I upgrded to 4.2, however, I was told to only sync the emails, calendar, tasks, and contact via OTA Active Sync. The other items I simply sync to my pc and the errors are gone.

Interesting! According to the above posted link to the error codes, the error you were encountering was something to do with SSL.

modifiers
02-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Guys, I found a solution for this problem from another forum, but the user directs you to a german website... If you know anyone that speaks German and can go over the page and post a reply here explaining the steps, that would be great.

Here is the link:

http://www.msxfaq.net/mobil/eas.htm

I tried the solution of sync to outlook, but then I can't use the MS direct push... the article above seems to address exactly the active sync issue.

Kris Kumar
02-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Does this translation (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.msxfaq.net%2Fmobil%2Feas.htm&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools) help?