View Full Version : Cingular 2125 Questions

leeloo
07-17-2006, 04:47 PM
I apologize if these questions have already been posted - I just got a cingular 2125 phone and i have two questions. One- on the old version of activesynch you were able to define which contacts you wanted to synch with your phone, ie 'personal' or 'business'. I cannot find this option on the new activesynch. Did they change that option? I dont want all my contacts to synch with my phone, there is over 200 in my microsoft office, and i dont need all of these on my phone.

Two- Does anybody know if i unlock my phone if i am able to change the maximum capicity size for sending MMs's?

Thank you for any words of advise in advance :)

Mike Temporale
07-17-2006, 06:30 PM
I apologize if these questions have already been posted - I just got a cingular 2125 phone and i have two questions. One- on the old version of activesynch you were able to define which contacts you wanted to synch with your phone, ie 'personal' or 'business'. I cannot find this option on the new activesynch. Did they change that option? I dont want all my contacts to synch with my phone, there is over 200 in my microsoft office, and i dont need all of these on my phone.

Yes, that feature was removed. Not sure why. :? I sync all my contacts - over 200. The SmartDial feature allows you to easily find and dial any contact in a couple keypress. So I don't really find much reason for leaving them behind. Have you used SmartDial? Try entering a name from the home screen, but type it as if you were using t9.

Two- Does anybody know if i unlock my phone if i am able to change the maximum capicity size for sending MMs's?

lock/unlock has no connection to the max MMS size. My guess is that this is related to the carriers network, or some registry settting.

leeloo
07-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks Mike. This actually was quite helpful. I can even use that same suggestion when looking for a contact to send an MMS and/or text message. Can you tell me if there are any major benefits to unlocking your phone?

Mike Temporale
07-17-2006, 09:14 PM
The only benefit to unlocking your phone is that you can swap your SIM card and use the phone on any other GSM network.

SmartDial is really cool and you're right, it can be used to look up contacts when sending email, MMS, SMS, or any number of other places. Some 3rd party applications support it too. :D

leeloo
07-17-2006, 09:26 PM
thank you. just as a side note, i found out that the activesynch does not synch subfolders in your contacts. so i guess you could make a subfolder in your contacts for any that you dont want to sycnch to your phone. for example, i can create a subfolder,label it business, put my business contacts in there and leave my personal contacts in the 'main' folder. this way activesynch only grabs the personal contacts. Thanks for your help and for clarifying things for me!

Mike Temporale
07-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Oh yeah. Forgot about that trick. Thanks for reminding me. :D

Jerry Raia
07-17-2006, 11:29 PM
I never have understood why one can't just sync by category. I would love that feature!

aximilation
07-18-2006, 01:13 AM
Hear hear, when did they take that feature out anyways?