View Full Version : Some fun software for my phone

TheFenceChild
07-17-2006, 06:21 AM
So I finally have decided on the phone im going to get(Seirra Wireless Voq A11). My next step now is to figure out the different things I can do with the phone I will be getting. It comes with Windows Mobile 2003. I was wondering what cool software would be available for me to get on it and where I could possibly get it. Also, does anyone know if there are any emulators that would work for WM 2003?

Mike Temporale
07-17-2006, 01:37 PM
There's a lot of applications that work on 2003 devices. What are you looking to do? Music, videos, games, travelling, reading?

TheFenceChild
07-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Well I keep hearing you can get Emulators to work on Microsoft smartphones, but I dont know if you need special one's or you can use the same one's you use on your PC. I downloaded PocketMusic Player 3.2 last night along with many other little programs and games. I still need to sift through them. I have this program called SUPER that encodes video and makes them much smaller for pocketPC and smartphone use. I tested it on the first episode of how i met your mother which went from 174MB to only 30MB's! Do I NEED another media player to play things like this or should WMP be ok? It's an .avi by the way.

Mike Temporale
07-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Oh... I'm not too good with Video. Rocco has written an excellent guide on converting video. http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8665

Check it out. It should answer any questions you have. I hope, anyway. ;)

aximilation
07-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey, I like TCPMP for media, I never did like WMP though. TCPMP is the newer version of BetaPlayer in the above article BTW, so I hear.

I run that combo on my SP5m and it works great. With my 2gb mini sd card, I have 3 movies and 250 songs to play

:-)

TheFenceChild
07-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Well I've now downloaded TCPMP, so that's done. Now, can anyone say anything about PocketNester. It's a NES Emulator for smartphones. The same website also had PocketSNES available for download. The website is

http://www.smartphony.net/software/free-emulators.htm

Please let me know if you have heard anything about these programs.