View Full Version : Mpx220 active sync/bluetooth problems

spartanike88
07-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Yes I've heard the tales of the horrid mpx220 and I loved it up untill it started to crap out on me I've had so many problems with this phone but the most pressing issue is this one.
I have downloaded the latest active sync, I have a bluetooth usb adapter device, I'm running windows xp with Service pack 2 and my Mpx220 has the latest updates on it. Active sync refuses to "SYNC" with my Mpx220. My computer sees it though. I always see the message that pops up that says" This mpx220 will use this device as a headset" or somthing like that. Does anyone have any clue what to do? Even if It doesn't sync can anyone just help me get pictures and files to my Mpx220. Its late here and i'm a bitter and broken man... please help v_v

Mike Temporale
07-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Does it sync over USB? If bluetooth starts to fail, I always go back to the basic USB sync. Once that works I step up to Bluetooth.

Also, another thing to try is turning off your firewall. Since the problems started once you upgraded AS, it might be having issues with your firewall. So try turning it off and see if that helps.

spartanike88
07-13-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm sure it would sync over usb, and it looks like i'm going to need to do that, but I bought the bluetooth adapter just so I could use this phone's shiney bluetooth option. -_- I got the phone from a friend, and intern he got it off ebay which didn't come with a usb cord.

Jerry Raia
07-13-2006, 09:01 PM
You might want to try AS 3.8. 4.x is only necessary with a WM5 device.