View Full Version : 2125 Joystick

web1b
07-03-2006, 08:15 AM
The joystick has been very difficult to use.
Sometimes there is a delay of a second or two before anything happens when you move it.
The most annoying thing is trying to use it as an "enter" key. Instead of selecting the highlighted object, it will often move up or down taking you off whatever you were trying to select.
Is there some trick to using it?

Mike Temporale
07-11-2006, 04:59 PM
The joystick has been very difficult to use.
Sometimes there is a delay of a second or two before anything happens when you move it.
The most annoying thing is trying to use it as an "enter" key. Instead of selecting the highlighted object, it will often move up or down taking you off whatever you were trying to select.
Is there some trick to using it?

Well, I just sent my SP5m in for repair because the joystick was no longer responding the way it should. Perhaps you have a faulty joystick as well?

mmurray21
07-21-2006, 09:38 PM
My joystick is sluggish as well. What did you do to send it back?

Jerry Raia
07-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Mine is also a bit quirky. I just live with it.

Mike Temporale
07-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Mine is also a bit quirky. I just live with it.

that's what I did for a while. But it eventually gave up and wouldn't work when pushed in or up. :(

Mike Temporale
07-22-2006, 02:13 AM
My joystick is sluggish as well. What did you do to send it back?

First thing you have to do is hard reset your phone. Make sure that it's not a software related issue. That's the first question they will ask you. So you might as well get it out of the way. ;)

Then you need to do a live chat with their support guys via the clubimate.com site. They'll walk you through the process.

Sven Johannsen
07-22-2006, 05:48 PM
My joystick is sluggish as well. What did you do to send it back?Then you need to do a live chat with their support guys via the clubimate.com site. They'll walk you through the process.

That's going to be dependent on the source of the phone. The OPs was a 2125, so I suppose he would need to go through Cingular. Mmurray21 didn't mention phone branding/model number.

Mike Temporale
07-23-2006, 02:13 AM
That's going to be dependent on the source of the phone.

Fair enough. I assumed that he was talking about the SP5m since that's what I mentioned the problem with in the above post. But, you're right. If it's not an i-mate, then you have to deal with the manufacturer of carrier for service.

onlydarksets
07-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I took a couple back because of this problem. Now I have another one that is starting to fritz, but I'm past the 30 day return window (Cingular). If it keeps crapping out, I'll be swapping it out using Cingular XBM.