View Full Version : SOLD: i-mate SP5 for Sale!

encece
06-24-2006, 01:45 AM
Selling my SP5...If anyone is interested, let me know! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140001139197

Mike Temporale
06-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Selling my SP5...If anyone is interested, let me know! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140001139197

I thought that was the "one"? What happened?

encece
06-24-2006, 02:17 AM
HA! You know me. I have a sickness.
I'm going to wait for the NEXT BEST THING. Which I havn't found yet.

In the meantime...I'm going to try my hand at (drum-roll please) Nokia/Symbian!

This will be the first non-windows mobile phone I've owned in YEARS and YEARS! I was surprised at the functionality comparable to WM Smartphones and really surprised at the amount of software available. I had no idea.

I got a good deal on a Nokia 6682. Not the most top of the line device out there....but just to get my feet wet in Symbian and to see what the competition is doing. I really wanted to try a N80....but I showed financial restraint!

This isn't the end of my Windows Mobile obsession. Just a diversion 'til a better, feature rich phone is introduced.

But boy...the upcoming N-Series phones sure look nice. :)

Mike Temporale
06-24-2006, 02:30 AM
HA! You know me. I have a sickness.
I'm going to wait for the NEXT BEST THING. Which I havn't found yet.

In the meantime...I'm going to try my hand at (drum-roll please) Nokia/Symbian!

The Q is worth a try. Not that I'm trying to convince you to stay the course or anything. Keep us posted on your thoughts and expereinces on the other side. I would be interested to hear how you find it.

encece
06-24-2006, 02:44 AM
The Q is worth a try. Not that I'm trying to convince you to stay the course or anything. Keep us posted on your thoughts and expereinces on the other side. I would be interested to hear how you find it.

no q for me. wont switch to cdma just yet. ill wait for the gsm version.

encece
06-24-2006, 09:35 AM
SOLD. :)

Mike Temporale
06-24-2006, 06:09 PM
SOLD. :)

Wow! That was fast. I should really list my old devices and try to reclaim some of their value. 8)

encece
06-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Here's my trick....
....I place a BuyItNow price of the price I want to get. I hate messing with bidding wars unless the device is really new and HOT!
....I include free FedEx 2nd Day which isn't that expensive with BuyItNow. Free Ground without BuyItNow.
....I send a message to losing bidders of a couple of similar auctions for the same device.
....I list the auction here, PPCThoughts, on Modaco, and Howard Forums

Recently my phones have sold very quickly using the method above. Ebay takes a bit to actually list your item in searches after creating it. This phone and a couple of others have sold before the item even made it to the listing! :)

On the phones I didnt have that long, my price is usually a "slightly used" price as there is usually no damage to them at all and all original packaging and unopened accessories and software are included. If the phones are really old and not selling anything close to what I paid for them, I debate on giving them away to family and friends. But it is nice to make some of that money back.

If you have a few phones....you may even raise the price of a new one.

But out of all of the phones I've had....I always try to sell them right away. Minimizing my losses.

For example...I bought this one for $415 (I think) and am selling for $375. That's not a huge loss. I think of it as RENTING the phones I use. $35 to $50 is a fair rental price for a couple of months. :)