View Full Version : 2125 Questions

web1b
06-21-2006, 06:06 AM
Does the 2125 have the power to play music MP3s via MediaPlayer 10 and actively navigate a route with GPS navigation program like Mapopolis or Route 66 with a bluetooth GPS without running out of RAM or CPU power?

How do you close open applications that do not have an exit option? Sometimes there seems to be no way to get out of an application other than going to the home screen and I don't know if the apps are still running in the background wasting RAM.

ksb
06-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Does the 2125 have the power to play music MP3s via MediaPlayer 10 and actively navigate a route with GPS navigation program?

Kinda. I have an i-mate SP5m (same guts as the 2125, but with WiFi and a different case/keyboard). I also have ALK CoPilot for navigation.

A few weeks ago I drove from Philadelphia to NY while playing VBR WMA's and running CoPilot. I had the "Live" feature of CoPilot active and updating every minute. (This passes your current location to ALK's servers and lets people you "invite" track you as you move. I was using it so that friends could watch me ride through NYC for the Five Boros Tour.)

All navigation worked fine, but Every time CoPilot wanted to "talk" me through a direction, the WMA playback and the CoPilot WAV file stuttered.

Battery life was good considering the use. However, after a few hours I decreased the frequency of the Live feature from every 60 seconds to every 15 minutes because it was really chewing through the battery.