View Full Version : SMT5600 Replacement Headphones

sbbarnes
06-19-2006, 04:06 AM
I love using my Audiovox phone as an mp3 player. But I lost the headphones that originally came with my phone. I have purchased two different sets of replacement headphones but each time only the right ear works. I used an 2.5 to 3.5 heaphone adapter as well with a standard pair of headphones and again only the right ear worked.

I know that these headphones worked correctly with my daughters ROCKR phone. So the problem is not with the headphones.

Is there a specific set of headphones for the Audiovox or is there something wrong with my phone?

promano
06-19-2006, 06:01 PM
The HEADSET for the SMT5600 need THREE RINGS and a tip.
There is a MICROPHONE incorporated into the plug.

Typical Stereo HEADPHONES have 2 rings and a tip.
You need to buy a HEADSET with the correct plug configuration.

Pete...

Rocco Augusto
06-19-2006, 10:03 PM
as stated above the headset is not the typical 2.5mm universal headset. it is actually a special headset. you can go to your local cingular or tmobile store and see if they can special order one for you. that will be the best place to look.

also try amazon.com, ebay or cingulars website, they might have them there as well

Mike Temporale
06-20-2006, 01:33 AM
I think it's Sven who usually recomends these guys: http://stores.ebay.com/esoTechTrix_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

They sell on ebay and have the right convertor for your phone. You might not be looking to convert it from 2.5 to 3.5, but you could grab this and then use any earphones you want and it should be ok. If I understand these right. ;)