View Full Version : Motorola Q Software

misfitspl9
06-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Im trying to get some help and advice on some software for the Motorola Q and everyone here seems to be very knowledgeable about this new device. Im looking for a good editor for the homescreen, change text colors and customize and such and easy to use. Ive seen a couple like Facade, 1-Home Edit, Homescreen Designer 1.3.2., and such, but was just wondering on what people think of them. Also looking for a good weather app. Something with maps,radars,sats and such. Im also very interested in hearing what other cool programs are out and that people are using for their Q's. Hope to hear back! Many thanks in advance for the help guys!

scottb
06-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Homescreen Designer is is pretty good, but it does not support a lot of third party plug-ins. I don't know if they support WM5 yet.

Facade is not a homescreen editor--it's a homescreen plugin. IMHO this one is a must have along with Papyrus, which is a replacement for the built-in calendar and tasks applications. Both products are from SBSH

Once you look around at the xml, you'll see you can probably just do it yourself with a text editor. I use Orneta Notepad.

Mike Temporale
06-18-2006, 03:07 AM
Homescreen Designer is is pretty good, but it does not support a lot of third party plug-ins. I don't know if they support WM5 yet.

It also doesn't support WinMo5 or Landscape screens.

joewilson00
06-18-2006, 05:23 AM
I too am having trouble finding software for the motorola q...

mainly aol instant messeger / AIM program

everything I install says this program was designed to work on a older version of windows blah blah blah

Mike Temporale
06-18-2006, 12:31 PM
You'll need to look for Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone applications. Be carefull that the application you selected is for the Smartphone and not the Pocket PC. Even if it doesn't say anything about the Moto Q, as long as it says WinMo5 and Smartphone. It should work, just the screen might need scrolling up and down.

As for IM software, check out Agile. They got a WinMo5 Smartphone client.

Jerry Raia
06-18-2006, 08:30 PM
For making themes take a look at ThemeMaker (http://www.thememaker.biz/)