View Full Version : SDA tzones stopped connecting

mickshone
06-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi Guys,

I am having a small problem with my e-mail accounts on my SDA.

They are on the tmobile website and historically, having configured my phone to use the cheaper tzones plan, I had no issue getting my mail.

Since another issue arose, I now have a new problem.

When I go to connect to e-mail it asks me for **** Incoming server password**** .... I have no idea what this is, or why it is happening now.

It does not occur when I use Wi-Fi, but the point is for me, that I like to be able to access mail other than within range of my own network.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Mick

PS. I deleted all mail accounts and then reloaded them to the Tmo website, then had the phone go retrieve them, it made no difference.

Mike Temporale
06-16-2006, 07:11 PM
check the settings for your mail server. Perhaps you have SSL turned on and it's not accessible over the T-Mo network. That would explain why it works on WiFi.

mickshone
06-16-2006, 07:22 PM
check the settings for your mail server. Perhaps you have SSL turned on and it's not accessible over the T-Mo network. That would explain why it works on WiFi.

Mike,

Sorry if I'm asking the blindingly obvious here, but are you suggesting the setting at the phone level, the mail level or the TMO web level?

The only one of the above, at least to my knowledge, that changed recently was the phone, but forgive my lack of knowledge.

Thanks,

Mick

Mike Temporale
06-16-2006, 07:48 PM
It's like the blind leading the blind. :lol: ;) I don't have T-Mo and know nothing about the TZones.

I'm talking about on the phone. I don't have my phone in front of me, but from the inbox, it's Menu / Account Settings, then select your account. I think.

Mark Kenepp
06-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Can you do anything through T-Zones or is it only appearing when you check email?

I don't use T-zones myself but if you are connecting through WiFi then wouldn't that be bypassing T-Zones all together? It sounds to me like there are issues with your GPRS/Edge settings. As far as I know, there is no password used for the GPRS/Edge connection.

I have the full T-Mobile unlimited data plan so I can't do any experimentation for you but over at Howard Forums (http://www.howardforums.com/index.php?) I found this thread (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=576307) which may help you if the problem is that you lost your T-zones settings.

I have no proxy settings on my SDA for the full T-Mobile data service so I would try checking the settings and not do the proxy stuff. If the connection still does not work, then try the proxy stuff to see if it makes a difference.

mickshone
06-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info.

All other t-mobile functions were working, just the access to e-mail, I bypassed it for a while by having the alert that new e-mail had arrived sent as SMS, but, of course you can't read, or respond, to e-mail that way.

I checked all the settings I had previously entered to configure the phone for tzones, and they appear to be the same, I think I originally got them for Howards forum.

Anyway, with no apparent logic (and who am I argue), the incoming server is now functioning and all mail being sent and received.

Again, thanks to both you and Mike.

Mick

mickshone
06-16-2006, 08:48 PM
It's like the blind leading the blind. :lol: ;) I don't have T-Mo and know nothing about the TZones.

I'm talking about on the phone. I don't have my phone in front of me, but from the inbox, it's Menu / Account Settings, then select your account. I think.

Ha, I think I was more vision impaired than you, but a bolt of lightening came from the sky, or perhaps the tmobile sever, and all is (currently) well!!

:D

bradkap
06-20-2006, 02:55 AM
After all the aggrevation and delay I spoke with several operators at TMobile and they said that there was a network problem. Finally, got fixed and they had me delete my pop 3 account and then have the cell phone search and load the settings again. Now it is connecting properly, but when I soft reset the messages on the phone haveto be downloaded all over again. In the past messages would stay in place. Any suggestions ?