View Full Version : Voicemail on Cingular 2125 - Won't connect

MartyNg
06-10-2006, 09:34 PM
My manual says that VoiceMail is set to Speeddial 1 by default, which it looks like it still is, but when I view the settings, under "Value", it's blank, and I can't edit it. Shouldn't this be a number? How do I know what number that is? (Not that I can edit it) When I try the speed dial, or simply click "Voicemail" on my Home screen, I get the error ""Cannot complete the call....verify the number o rtry again later".

I don't have access to a landline this weekend, and I don't think calling Cingular from the 2125 would work since I have to be clicking stuff on the phone at the same time.

Does anyone know how to get my voicemail working with speed dial or by clicking it on the Home screen? Thanks!

Jerry Raia
06-10-2006, 10:54 PM
The VM number will vary depending on where home is. You do have to call Cingular (or maybe the web site) to get it. You should be able to save it to that speed dial location after that. At least get the number first. The we can work on setting it up.

Rocco Augusto
06-11-2006, 04:49 AM
quick rule of thumb. if you ever lose your voicemail number on cingular you can always program in your own phone numer for your voicemail number :)

MartyNg
06-11-2006, 02:51 PM
quick rule of thumb. if you ever lose your voicemail number on cingular you can always program in your own phone numer for your voicemail number :)

I was thinking about that...are there any advantages/disadvantages to this over the voicemail number? Long distance charges possibly when applicable?

Rocco Augusto
06-11-2006, 07:55 PM
if youre on cingular you should not be charged a long distance fee within the US. if you are, you should look into changing your rate plan. :)

i havent noticed any advantage or disadvantage to using this method for checking your voicemail, personally, its what i use :)

Jerry Raia
06-12-2006, 01:25 AM
I keep forgetting we have an in house expert here now. :D

Rocco Augusto
06-12-2006, 01:44 AM
shhhhh! if you say that soon everyone will have questions ;)

Jerry Raia
06-12-2006, 01:53 AM
That's why we dragged...ahem...I mean asked you to join up!

mccclxxxv
07-25-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm having the same problem. If I push and hold "1" I get that error. When I go to Start > Speed Dial, #1 IS set up for voicemail, but there is no "value". I'm assuming this is where my number goes. BUT I can't edit it. When I click Edit, I can only change Name: and Voice tag:. How can I fix this?

Mike Temporale
07-25-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm having the same problem. If I push and hold "1" I get that error. When I go to Start > Speed Dial, #1 IS set up for voicemail, but there is no "value". I'm assuming this is where my number goes. BUT I can't edit it. When I click Edit, I can only change Name: and Voice tag:. How can I fix this?

The number should be stored in your SIM card and it should be set by your carrier. You can't change this vlaue in the speed dial app. Look under Start / Settings / Phone / Call Options and you should see it listed there.

Jerry Raia
07-25-2006, 04:14 PM
The number should be stored in your SIM card and it should be set by your carrier. You can't change this vlaue in the speed dial app. Look under Start / Settings / Phone / Call Options and you should see it listed there.

Yes it is there and can be changed there. :)

mccclxxxv
07-25-2006, 08:57 PM
i see....

i had to enter my number there and then the voicemail speed dial worked. thanks