View Full Version : Screen goes off when keypad locked

Albie
06-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Can anyone help on this. I have a C600, and lately the screen blank time seems to have reduced.

Let me explain a little better, if I have the phone unlocked (keypad), the screen takes the settings of 15 seconds to dim, and then a minute before the back light goes off.

If I have the keypad locked, then the screen goes completely blank after only 7 seconds. This has only started happening in the past few days. I have checked the settings, but everything seems fine.

The problem I have with this, is that if the phone is locked and a message comes through, the phone wakes up for seven seconds, when it senses a message coming in, but by the time the message actually arrives the screen goes off.

Does anybody have an answer to this?

Rocco Augusto
06-04-2006, 05:52 PM
i could only get my phone to last 7-8 seconds as well. to my knowledge it has always lasted that long. if youre experienced with registry editing i would recommend digging in there. if you are not experienced, dont mess around in there because you could damage your phone. :)

Albie
06-04-2006, 06:18 PM
It is weird you say yours has always done this, as upto a few days ago, mine was working the same not matter if the keypad was locked or not.

Mike Temporale
06-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Mine has been like that for a while. Perhaps it was something that changed in AKU2. Did you recently flash your device?

Rocco Augusto
06-04-2006, 07:36 PM
my cingular 2125 does it, im not sure if it is a setting i changed or anything though. i do know my friends sp5 with aku2 does it as well.

Albie
06-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Nope, have not performed any updates on the phone at all, I have been to Cyprus last week, and did call Orange to setup roaming, and it did receive some SIM updates, but that was it.